2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tricked ya, not quite a fishing report, but figured since a lot of yall fish this area you might be able to tell me an estimated distance to greens cut from say fat boys or bayou vista. i have a 16' john boat with a 6 gallon tank, would like to try fishing there, but think i may need extra gas to get there and back. i fish a lot around jones and the marsh behind there, always wanted to go a little farther, just seems a lot farther than i think i have the gas for. thanks. MIKE

·
www.RipCharts.com
1,855 Posts
I dont have the distance handy, but I can reference my gps later tonight.

I've been in your same shoes before. I used to run a 14' jon with a 9.5 horse. We launched from louis (hwy6 and highland bayou) and made it to greens cut and back on 6 gallons of gas.

I now run a wider 14'52" flat bottom with a 40 horse, and still make it to greens and back on 6gals (note: the 40 horse gets there much faster and eats gas like its candy compared to the 9.5). I usually have about a 1/4 tank to spare after running to greens and poking around in Jones.

I usually dont notice much difference in drive time between launching from Fat Boys and launching from Louis. (louis might be slightly shorter)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry about that, i forgot all about the general board. i dont spend much time south of the blue water board, even though i own a shallow water boat. i use it mainly for catching offshore bait and flounder run. since we are on greens cut/lake, is it possible or any good fly fishing back there. i am thinking about taking that up instead of the conventional method. if only i was back stateside to spend some summer time on the water instead of here in stinky africa again. thanks again for the info. MIKE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts