2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent given much attention to the deer lease this year.... I think Ive only hunted it 4-5 days.... and still got all my tags in the wallet.

Sooooo, I was going to head up this past Wednesday for the season closer and see if I could get lucky and get a look at a buck ive been watching on the game cams....

Due to a death in the family (RIP Maggie, 1911-2009), I had to postpone the trip until tonight...

On the way back into town to pack my stuff up, I see the phone doing a dance in the cupholder....

Didnt even have time to say Hello.

"Straight green in the timber. Pack yo ****ttt."

So, Im heading to the lease tonight to squeeze in a morning deer hunt, then heading North to 1500 pristine acres of flooded timber that no one has fired a shot on all season. There just havent been any birds. Well, they are there now, and from what I am being told, by the THOUSANDS....

Hopefully I will pop a buck in the morning then pick up my buddy and go meet 2 clients and scout Friday afternoon.

The caller said to bring a video camera.... Ive hunted with this guy for years and have killed a ton of ducks with him.... This is the first time he has said to bring a video camera.... and he was giggling like a school girl when he did.... haha

Hope everybody has a safe and happy New Year and a good deer season closer!

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wish this damnn dryer would hurry up.... I didnt have any clean socks!!!!!

Good luck back at ya MOJO.

And if you guys want to live through me, can I at least get yall to pitch in on the gas and steel????

haha

PS... ETHunter, you should be seeing that green in your backyard man! I will honk when I blow through Nac tomorrow. My deer lease is outside of Center.

·
www.boatinsurancehouston. com
269 Posts
Best of luck on the buck deer...yea there some green for sure in tx now...that's all we seen on the trinity out of riverside yesterday and all we shot cmon...trying them again n the morning....greenout

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You mean like this??? We couldnt find anything BUT mallards.... we couldnt even completely limit out, it was nuts. We were trying to shoo them away... No gadwalls, woodies, teal.... nothing.... just hundreds of mallards....

I got some sweet little video clips and some more pics. I will post another thread tonight.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, I aint complaining at ALL!!! haha

Its not that often that you get to see what i saw this weekend. We did alot of watching and trying different things after limiting out to see how the birds would respond. We saw some pretty unusual bird behavior. Even had 2 drakes fighting in mid air, pulling feathers out of each other and flying into each other and such...

I wish the lighting would have been better... Only some of the video turned out OK... It was either too dark or too bright....

I will try to upload them tonight.... I know I have one clip that is totally awesome...

I didnt sit in the deer stand long on Friday.... I was ready to get on the road!!! haha.... no deer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts