1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
905 Posts
A show on Food Network called Diners Drive-ins and Dives went there. They show re-runs quite often, you might try to catch it sometime. I prefer Salt Lick but the is my opinion.

·
Slicing and Dicing!
1,371 Posts
A show on Food Network called Diners Drive-ins and Dives went there. They show re-runs quite often, you might try to catch it sometime. I prefer Salt Lick but the is my opinion.
My wife and I personally made the trek from Laporte one saturday morning after watching the show where Guy was just Raving about how good it was. Well let me tell you that is the nastiest "food" ever. I use the term food loosly. I even told the waitress that we made the journey all that way because we saw it on DDD as I pointed to the poster of the metal band reject. She was like well I hope you like it and walked off like, oh well. We were very excited ourselves till the first bite. I ordered the 3 meat plate and the wife got a CFS so we could sample everything, plus a 10 Piece hot wings. I dont belive anything he says anymore is good. Sorry just my .02... The side salads were even rusty and swimming in water like they were in the fridge for a week. I dont recommend.

·
Registered
966 Posts
If you are coming from the coast up 183 stop in Lockhart at one of the joints there. There are several good ones. Since we live about 10 minutes from the Salt Lick in Driftwood we usually go there.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Anyone that would name their restaurant "Green Mesquite" obviously knows nothing about smoking meat, IMHO. You were probably burping that nasty flavor for a week.

·
Slicing and Dicing!
1,371 Posts
Anyone that would name their restaurant "Green Mesquite" obviously knows nothing about smoking meat, IMHO. You were probably burping that nasty flavor for a week.
Tell you the truth the flavor was like it had been reheated a couple of times and originally cooked in an oven, then had a light sauce for flavor that had none. They do have pretty cool wall art, like bunches of old concert fliers.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I went there once... LOL

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
Green used to be really good. I used to eat there often. But the last 10 years or so, i dont like it. It may be that my tastes changed or something. just my opinion. I would n not go back. But, if you have not eaten there, it is worth trying and checking it of your list.

the people are very nice in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts