2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever setup a few green lights in the surf?

I was thinking about heading down and trying this next time.

I am going to weld a 'T' shaped contraption with a tray on top for a battery, and a spike or two on the bottom to stick in the sand. I can walk it out, set it up in the first gut, and attach a green light to each side of the 'T' so that they light up a good sized area. Then I'll cast in/around the lights and hope I don't get tangled!

With all the darkness on the beach at night, 2 of the cheap 25" green lights should attract a LOT of baitfish...thus bringing in trout and who knows what else.

Whatcha think? Anyone tried it?

Just curious...

SABlueWave

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be headed down there this weekend, depending on how the wind/weather looks. If I go, I'm sure we'll hit the beach since we did so good last weekend. I'll give it a shot if we make it down, and I'll post results.

I've never seen this, kind of suprised. I would think on a stretch of dark desolate beach, a bright green light should cause all kinds of havoc.

Take care
Shawn

·
Registered
775 Posts
Try Matagorda Beach - Nice and Dark out there at...

night. Like already said, Needs to be a quiet night.

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
I saw some guys at San Luis pass a few years ago that had set up a scaffold way out there. They fished off the top of it. Hang some lights off the side and you are in...

One of my friends makes a wading caddy. We drop the weight and fish. Holds beer, sandwiches, dry storage ect. The idea now is to strap some green lights on it, drag it out and fish around it.

Did anyone see the green lights around the pier in this months TIDE mag? That was cool....

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
I can only imagine all the looks someone would get if they had one of those on Sam's
Beach! haha

Pretty cool!

MEGABITE

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
SABlueWave,
In the early 80's a friend and I used to launch his jon boat from the beach on the right side of Rollover Pass at night and fish with 12V lights he had rigged on pvc poles stuck in larger pvc poles on the gunnels. We went out less than 100 yards when it was pretty calm of course and slaughtered the trout and redfish(I'm not proud of that). We called it the aquarium.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Green Light

We have attatched green snap light sticks to our double-drop leaders at the tie on and sinker swivel and surf fished at night. You can see a green glow, very faint, around where your baits are on the bottom. We have only done this a few times, my records so far indicate it does improve bites from bull reds and sharks. More study is needed to validify the numbers, and it is not a big difference maker, or so the numbers say so far. I am going to continue studying this.

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,591 Posts
could be a good idea

but my behind would be parked somewhere outa the water....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts