2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Native Texan
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just wrapped up this years deer season. Different year for me, spent most of the hunting time with my future SIL who has never hunted anything before in his life. Just this year he became interested in hunting, so I took him. Due to the late start, he didn't get to take his hunter safety course, so we hunted in the same stand all year, probably just as well, I got to teach him. We hunted the rut early, never saw the right one, lots of smaller legal deer, just nothing really good. A couple of weeks ago, he graduated from SHSU and I bought him a clean rifle from a great 2cooler. That weekend, a really really respectable ET river bottom deer walked into the right of way at 106 yds broad side. He won't admit it but I think the fever got him and he missed. We hunted all of this weekend and my son who lives in Austin was here and we all hunted in the same stand. He shot at a nice buck in the heavy woods, he hit a tree. We saw lots of deer, coyotes, squirrels, ducks and wildlife in general and had a great time doing it. I never even picked up my rifle and thats the way I wanted it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts