2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a great Yamaha tech in the Houston area that you can trust to do the job right? I get real nervous taking my boat into some dealers to have my work done. If he or she works in their garage that is fine for me as long as they are honest and really know their stuff.

Thank you,
Darren

·
Super Moderator
3,735 Posts
I had good luck with Acies Outboards down in Bacliff on my older yamaha's and I have heard nothing but good about Meeks in Kemah. Good luck.

·
fish control my brain
7,735 Posts
We take our Yammi over to

Stone and Sons Marine

He specializes in Johnson/ Evinrude but does all brands warrenty repair.

Outboard Jack has been doing it for to long not to be good.
40+ years in the bussiness

Call him
713 686 1711

·
Gater
6,421 Posts
Meeks

As in John Meeks, located on Lawrence in Kemah. Same building as Orlando's Fiberglass. Best Yamaha-Mercury mechanic around. Gater

·
Registered
615 Posts
Best Yamaha Tech Ever !

Take the engine to Steve at Boats Etc on 146 in LaPorte .........they guy is totally certified and they are all factory trained guys.

You can't go wrong. There # is 281-471-6500.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clarify for me ... Meeks is now Ron Hoover?? I get directed to ron hoover when i punch in Meeks Marine. Did Ron Hoover buy them??

In any case, thanks for the referrals... I'll find this guy that several of you have recommended.

·
Vendor
2,793 Posts
Ron Hoover does NOT own Meeks Outboards. No affilliation to my knowledge. Site is generic but here it is. http://www.meeksoutboard.com/
All pertinent info is there. Ask for Steve. He knows me well but it won't get ya any discounts :) You can just rest assured he will fix it right.
Good luck,
Brice

darren said:
Clarify for me ... Meeks is now Ron Hoover?? I get directed to ron hoover when i punch in Meeks Marine. Did Ron Hoover buy them??

In any case, thanks for the referrals... I'll find this guy that several of you have recommended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts