2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old ******
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All you guys that thought this weekend would be a washout were missing a wonderful and cool trip. Seas were a bit high but the North wind made it easy going out of Freeport and back. I had the engine at minimum power and we were doing 25 with the trough.

Catch was not bad but the triggers and rockfish made the day interesting. Lots of snappies and kings at the Pinnacle and the sharks were everywhere. We even saw a huge pod of rays. Must have been 40 or 50 of them swimming right at the surface.

You missed a cool day if you were worried about the seas this weekend.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I believe I saw you coming back in either Sat. or Sun. I was leaving bridge bait staying inshore. But did have a heck of a weekend for the trout. We were in a little Green flats boat that had a girl waving thinking she was in a pagent in the front.

·
Old ******
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remember seeing you there. I wondered what she was doing waving her arm in the air like that but then you hit a wake and she hollered with joy. I love it when people have that much fun on the water.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
She was on some medicine she had been sick and I think it had the same affect on her as a 12 pack would us. It was really fun when we got out to the surf. Yeah we took a lot of waves over the bow this weekend in the ICW from big boats they all had the speed bug this weekend I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.