2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rosie and I loaded a backpack with clothes, put the cellphones, camera, and the Beretta (silent friend) in a saddlebag, and cruised on the bike to DEEP DEEP DEEP East Texas late friday evening.... Got there and the grass was knee high to a giraffe...LOL.... Woke up Sat morning and fired up two lawnmowers to get er done.... Rode into Hemphill for groceries, the meat market had some HUGE ribeyes and porterhouse steaks, so the decision was made to grill....Had a wonderfull supper and a lazy evening with plenty of beverages...LOL..Slept like a rock that nite....

Sun morning.... Had a small delimma to fix, the wood on the eve was rotten in the corner where the TV antenne bolts down, this antenne is very tall and large with rotor and guy wires, would surley do some damage if it fell.... Dug out the saws, found some wood in the boathouse, and went to work... Couple hours later good as new.... Rode to the firecracker stand and got a sack full of rockets, rented a good movie and rode the curvey SH 87 just for kicks.... Neighbor gave me a bag of Bluegill filets to fry up, bought a half dozen froglegs at the store, heated the porterhouse steak that was leftover from Sat nite, and had another killer supper...

Mon morning... Slept late, mopped floors, dusted furnature, packed our things and headed home..... 9 more years till retirement, and I won't have to come home iffin I don't wanna...LOL

Some pics of the before and after lawn, and my carpentry work....

Attachments

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Hey Darrell! Enjoyed the report and pics! Got a question for you...Is Twitty's still there, in Hemphill? It was long after he had sold the place but when Conway Twitty sold that cafe he sold the name with it. We used to eat there when we were up that-a-way to fish Toledo Bend. The last time I was there I had cornbread baked in a black iron skillet, sliced open and smothered with black eyed peas & ham hocks. Iced tea in a glass so big that Mont would have to use both hands to pick it up! Some good eats, I ain't lyin'.

Glad y'all had a good time and made it back safely!

·
Malt Beverage Diety
1,385 Posts
For Shame!!

Y'all was practically in the neighborhood and did'nt holler.:eek:hwell:

·
Charter Member
5,938 Posts
Sounds like y'all had a fun weekend. I know granny will be glad the antenna got fixed.
Mike

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have to say it was fun this weekend. I really enjoyed the time we had together, alone !!
we havent been their in a long time by ourself and it was really enjoyable and relaxing. and oh yea the trip their was good but the trip home was not as good. i was ready to get home and it just seemed like my booty just couldnt get comfy on that seat. i think it was all in my mind and just wanted to get home. I will say Darrell was very safe and considerate on the way their and on our way home. i have to admit i was scared about this trip but darrell made it all good.
ROSIE

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Hey Rosie, when yer sitting in the Queen seat, it's good to have a King you can trust! Glad y'all had what sounds like a GREAT weekend! I'm envious! Although we had a good time with all the chilluns and all the grandchilluns. BBQ, Shiner Bock, Capt. Morgans, all gently done just before we lit the fireworks. Aunt Mimi served popcorn and juice to the kids while they enjoyed the bangs from blankets in the back of my pick up. Very neat!

·
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jack, Twittys was the best, but I don't think it's there anymore... I have ate there many a time..... A place called Fat Freds BBQ is some great food also........

Brewgod... I gotta remember that you are close to that area, would love to have ya'll as guest some weekend.....

Mikey... Granny be happy, but I don't think I'll ever be able to talk her into going up there again.... since my Grandad passed, she has little interest.... I can understand her feelings, sometimes when I'm there, my tears get to flowin too......

Rick.... When ya gonna get ya a Queen seat to put your Queen on ???? LOL

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Love That Bike

Hi Darrell
I Love Your New Bike, I Saw One Here In Gville The Other Day That Looked Just Like Yours, Love It Man Trade You 3 Custom Billystix For It?? (lol)
Stix

·
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love It Man Trade You 3 Custom Billystix For It?? (lol)
Billy, I know you ment 300, had to be a typo....LMAO

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
so when's the lakehouse gathering, darrell? lol.

Billy, I got your signature fixed, don't be changin' it, don't cha know.

·
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mont said:
so when's the lakehouse gathering, darrell? lol.

Billy, I got your signature fixed, don't be changin' it, don't cha know.
Good idea Mont, got a great State park right next door, very nice place with a good ramp..... Will think about what we can get going..... Dang good idea our dear webmaster....LOL

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
I'm glad BadHabit and Rosie had a good weekend ALONE at Toledo Bend...normally, I'm hanging around interfering with their time by themselves. However, this past weekend I had to carry our (mine and BadHabit's) grandmother to Dallas for the weekend..... was a long ride to say the least. I had a good time, but would have rather been on the lake!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts