2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cong. to all the Texas teams that did well.
These teams had a great showing, all top ten finishes, once again hats off to these guys.

Catch 22, 2nd place. Kevin great job to a bunch of great guys.
Steel Away, 6th place. Carl I see you must have got my GPS #'s for
Cocodrie also. I thought you said you did not know how to work my
electronics. Your hard work will pay off, a win will popably happen soon
for your team.
Turner Loose, 7th place. I think that the Miller Lite I bought you at the first
tournament has given you lots of good luck. My plan for the last FLW
tournament in two weeks in Galveston; fish one tournament and finish in
the top three to qualify. I will drink lots of cold beer the night before and
steal some of Bobby and Carl's bait and let the rest go. The morning of
the tournament I will let Turner Loose show me the way to the land of the
KingFish Gods. Hero or Zero, thats how I does it!!!!!!!!!!
Tx Contender, 8th place. How long was it from their to Port Aransas. Great
job Brett!

Four Texas Boats in the top Ten, if I would have been their it would have been Five?

I heard a rumor that the 38 is back and ready to roll. She is notorious for getting it done. SInce we have fished two different boats this year, Hard Surface and Team Notorious, it looks like they mated and gave birth to, Notoriously Hard

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Thanks Brian

congrats to all the TX teams that showed up & fished in less than ideal conditions.....

see what can happen when we dont pre-fish......lol.

It was kinda kool sitting in first place for a while, we got a decent check but that first place money with my boat would have been sweeeeeet.....

·
Registered
577 Posts
WTG guys!

Team Kingscape caught a kingfish weighing 44 pounds, 9 ounces to win the FLW Kingfish Series Upper Gulf Division event in Cocodrie, La., and $12,000 cash. [/font]

Team Kingscape wins Kingfish Series event in Cocodrie

COCODRIE, La. - Team Kingscape, headed by Todd King of Gulf Breeze, Fla., caught a kingfish weighing 44 pounds, 9 ounces Saturday to win the Wal-Mart FLW Kingfish Series Upper Gulf Division event in Cocodrie, La., and $12,000 cash.

King, along with teammates Summer King, Chris Schulte and Trey Davis, were fishing about 50 miles from the takeoff site, slow-trolling live hardtails around the south block of oil rigs.

"We are really excited to win one of these," King said. "We have won other tournament before but, this is great.

"Today didn't start off really good. We took off this morning in a storm and pretty much had to run the boat by radar because of the low visibility. We caught a number of fish early, but our big one hit around 1 this afternoon. When we first caught this fish, we thought it might get us in the top 10 but, we weren't expecting to win."

King also added that bait was abundant and the water had a great green tint in the area in which they were looking for kingfish. The team rig hopped all day, fishing different blocks of offshore oil rigs. They had an initial plan to put them in the spot where they were when the 44-pounder was caught, and that plan paid off.

Rounding out the top five teams were Team Catch 22, captained by Kevin Arnold of Houston (43 pounds, 5 ounces, $4,305); Team Intense, captained by Neal Foster of Mobile, Ala. (41 pounds, 1 ounce, $2,870); Team Speckulator, captained by George Simon III of Baton Rouge, La. (40 pounds, 1 ounce, $1,896); and Team Wild Ride-Team M&M's, captained by Randy Griffin Jr. of Hampstead, N.C. (38 pounds, 7 ounces, $2,050).

The award for highest-finishing woman went to Summer King of Gulf Breeze, Fla., who placed first with a 44-pound, 9-ounce kingfish as a member of Team Kingscape.

The award for the highest-finishing angler 16 years old or younger was Andrew Montgomery of Mobile, Ala., who placed third with a king weighing 41 pounds, 1 ounce as a member of Team Intense.

FLW Kingfish Series qualifying tournaments are one-day events. Each team is allowed to weigh in one kingfish, and the winning team is determined by the heaviest fish.

The FLW Kingfish Series consists of five divisions - East Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina-Georgia, Gulf and Upper Gulf. Each division is comprised of three events with a $100,000 purse for each event. The top three teams from each tournament and the top 16 teams (who are not already qualified) from each division after all qualifiers are complete will advance to the three-day, $275,000 no-entry-fee Wal-Mart FLW Kingfish Series Championship in Orange Beach, Ala., Oct. 4-6, which will be featured in a one-hour episode of "FLW Outdoors" broadcast to 80 million FSN (Fox Sports Net) households in the United States and more than 429 million households in Europe, Asia and Africa. The points champion from each division will also advance directly to the $500,000 no-entry-fee Wal-Mart FLW Kingfish Tour Championship in Biloxi, Miss., Nov. 2-4, where they will compete against top FLW Kingfish Tour teams for a top award of $150,000.

Named after the legendary founder of Ranger Boats, Forrest L. Wood, FLW Outdoors administers the Wal-Mart FLW Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Series, Stren Series, Wal-Mart Bass Fishing League, Wal-Mart Texas Tournament Trail presented by Abu Garcia, Ranger Owners Tournament Championship Series, Wal-Mart FLW Walleye Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Walleye League, Wal-Mart FLW Kingfish Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Kingfish Series, Wal-Mart FLW Redfish Series and Wal-Mart FLW Striper Series. These circuits offer combined purses of nearly $43 million through 241 events in 2007.

Wal-Mart and many of America's largest and most respected companies support FLW Outdoors and its tournament trails. Wal-Mart signed on as an FLW Outdoors sponsor in 1997 and today is the world's leading supporter of tournament fishing.

For more information about FLW Outdoors and its tournaments, browse FLWOutdoors.com or call (270) 252-1000.[/font]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thanks for the help in D Island. I did not get your spots, but you can pm them to me any time :). I do owe a lot of people thanks for getting my team to Coco. Texas Sportfishing worked hard to get us a boat since our trailer is not ready. Through not fault of anyone it did not work out. Greg and Gerald with Team No Worry's offered to let us use their boat after it go out of the shop late Friday night. We pulled into Houma a few minutes before sign up began with no bait, oil, gas, food and dead batteries. Angie and Chad Cotie with Team Angela Marie helped us out tremendously with getting everything we needed. Bill Platt jumped in around midnight and helped get the batteries charged. It was nice to see so many good people fishing these tournaments and look forward to returning the favors soon!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats Catch 22!!! It's never a dull moment with ya'll around. I'm still trying to recover from Thursday night only to have Got Salt carry it on Saturday unti 4am. We only had to pull over once on the way home. It's a good thing it rained to wash the side of the boat off. Congrats to all the Texas Teams! One more to go! We all had a great time. It's to bad we had to play poker all day and watch it rain. Maybe the same thing will happen in Galveston.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The only reason I sing is so they will give me free beer to get me drunk enough to quit! And yes - Got Salt? is bad for your liver!!!! :)

T-BONE

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not to forget that we also had 6 more teams in the top 20. Lured Away, Terminator, Millennium Marine, Papotanic, Force 10, and Angela Marie. We had a great time like always and are looking forward to Galveston! Jill

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Its pretty awesome that half of the top 20 were Texas teams! We really need to hold it down in Galveston and have atleast 10 or more Texas teams in the top 20!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great job to all the Texas teams and its good to hear everyone helping Carl out with his boat the night before. Congrats to Texas Contender and Turner Loose. I wish we could have made that tournament, due to boat problems we did not make the tournament, possibly could have been another Texas team in the top 20!
The big Hydra Sport will be ready for Galveston. Question: will there be any side pots in that tournament??

Josh
Team Deja Blu

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Last year we had a TWT for all the FLW's if I remember right...Not sure why we do not have this year - let's get one up for the tourney!!! Maybe $100? Pay 2 places?....

T-BONE

·
Registered
495 Posts
Congrats again guys! It's too bad I had to bug out early on Sat. Somehow, I knew the "go to bed and get up early to drive back" plan wasn't going to work out. (Especially when certain deliquent types from FL are involved.)

BTW- I heard a rumor that Papotanic had a new boat wrap in LA. Did anyone happen to get any pics?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I believe some folks did get some pics, but the camera may have went in the drink...But I also heard another rumor that the camera was one of those waterproof disposables so it may still be able to be developed...

T-BONE

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
All i know is that it is rumored to have been a chineese guy wearing yellow shorts that did it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts