2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some friends down to Corpus from Houston to do some quality duck hunting which they rarely get in the Houston area. I had a friend in Corpus back out of taking us at the last minute and thankfully Capt. Brou had an open blind Saturday afternoon and we were on for an unguided hunt in wonderful Lighthouse Lakes area. My two buddies had never taken an airboat ride so that was a bonus and we met Capt. Brou at the ramp at 2:30 pm an hour earlier than he usually takes people out but I asked if we could go an hour earlier to spend more time enjoying the hunt and he said no problem so I was already happy with Capt. Brou before the hunt even happened. He was honest in what to expect in that we would get our fair share of chances at redheads and would get lucky with a good eye for anymore different species. Well we got our limit of Redheads easily and only shot birds that were too close to the blind and literally on a suicide mission. My buddy who is very new to duck hunting and not a very good shot even pulled off a double with a flock almost landing in his lap. We lucked out and had a pair of widgeon get too close and I spotted them and called the shot and dropped both. We spent the rest of the time watching the thousands of redheads fly by and trying to spot other birds. We ended the evening hunt with 6 redheads and 2 widgeon and a fun 45 mph airboat ride back to the dock watching the sunset. Thanks for the accomodating spirit and great trip Capt Brou and no should hesitate to give him a call if you are in the area and want a great trip. Hopefully I will have enough money sometime to hunt with him because I bet it is a hoot. In the picture the strap on the right is the evening hunt strap. The one on the left is from a port bay hunt that morning.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts