2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Customers No showed on me today, so i had my best friend waiting to hear those magical words.. LETS GO lol

He got to the house around 9, boat was loaded and we headed out. First drift we immediately started picking up solid trout. Nothing huge, but fat fat fat!!!!!

We hit the same drift about 7 or 8 times pulling about 10 trout per drift. We had alot of 14 to 15" fish that we didnt bother to keep.

We tried a few other short drifts and picked up some scattered fish here and there but nothing major. We had to go in to meet with the engineer at the new house and then we came back out and fished the same drift we were on earlier. Fish were still there and still very hungry.. Picked up about 20 more on 3 drifts... I had a stud of a flounder that went almost 22" as well today.. Released to be caught another day

All fish were caught in 3.5" of water over mud/shell all coming on TTF Killer Flats Minnows in East Beast.. Awesome baits for sure.

Ended the day keeping 15 trout and 4 solid reds..

Saw a few 2coolers out there today. Imhammer ( Chip) and some friends on a boat i didn't recognize and Gater (steve)

Thomas

Attachments

·
Gater
6,421 Posts
Nice fish

Nice mess of fish Thomas and thanks for the invite. It's not potlicking if your invited in. LOL

I had a couple of bites in there and the darkness got me, ended up with the one little Red. Many years ago I used to fish in there this time of the year under the same conditions and just slay the Reds. It makes a big difference when there very few boats around. I believe there are a bunch of Reds in there right now. Gater

·
Registered
226 Posts
Good to see you out there Thomas. Looks like you had a better day than we did, but we didn't get on the water until after 2:00 and off the water at 5:15.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL.. Yeah, kaylin noted the **** eyes. I never think to put sunblock on when its cold outside.

Steve,
We did see a school of reds earlier in the day about 100ft west of that marker. They were creating a huge mud boil, but lost them before we got over there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.