2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that the grass has come back in the lake and now they're fighting to get it removed again... If they do, I hope the leave the north end alone. This is why Amistad is so good-- thirty years ago no grass to be seen on Amistad-- now it blooming with grass and tons of fish.... Lake Conroe use to be the same way, I fished it before and after and it was bad after they took all the grass out and the fish were gone. Happy to see it's returning to a natural lake again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They haven't removed it yet, it was covered the other day. The jet skiers and beer drinkers always win the arguments on Conroe though so I am sure they will make the wrong decision again and kill it all off. Although I have to admit, the fishing has been decent this year, especially last spring.

·
Registered
294 Posts
They have released grass carp in Lake Conroe as of 2007... Supposedly they will not reproduce and will stay within a certain areas according to tracking surveys that have been done. You may go to GOOGLE.COM and look around for some information on this.

I found some of this in the Houston Chronicle throughout the year....

I can tell you Lake Conroe is one of my favorite lakes to fish (even over Sam Rayburn) due to the size and quality of the fish that the lake has been producing....

Hope this helps....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts