37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the results from the first day of fishing:

1. Dane Domangue, Houma LA 153-1,
2. Kyle Gravois, Houma, LA 135-0
3. Hunter Tieken, Houma, LA 134-13
4 Daniel Jambon, Houma, LA 95-13

First Tarpon Dane Domangue

Looks like my Houma boys are taking care of buisness.

·
Registered
446 Posts
4 - 5 million swimming... I would like to see that data. I beleive that Mexico has more fish than Louisiana and we gritch about them killing 73. Of course, they are just ignorant.

Louisiana Limits:

Any species of fish: All bait is gone
Any species of game: All shells are gone

Sporting insults are fun .. but PETA... that's low.

TC

·
Registered
454 Posts
Give me a break

*itching about the Grand Isle tarpon rodeo is low. Those guys release hundreds of fish a year, taking a couple is not going to hurt anything. I am from Louisiana and fish tarpon in the delta all the time, (including the rodeo). Killing is NOT common practice. Just because the tarpon and pelagic fishery here SUCKS (site tourney results from every year) does not mean it does everywhere else, nor does it mean that it is going to impact you going out and getting a fish. Longliners, gillnetting, trawling = BAD; the FEW true tarpon fisherman left in Louisiana bringing in a couple of fish to one of the only events peaking interest in a dying amazing facet of fishing = GOOD. Choose your battles... Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amen

Well said. What boat do you fish on? I grew up fishing on the Fru Fru Maru but stopped for several years. I was finally able to make my first trip in years last summer aboard the Even Swap. I would love to get my own boat and be able to go more often, but can't convince any buddies to split it and spend money on a boat to fish for something you release and don't eat.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My boat is Wildside a 24 Topaz, last year I fished along side Even Swap several different times. I bought the boat from the Hawthorne brothers Richard and Ryan. TARPON MACHINE!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
hmmm

been to that rodeo many times but I don't remember catching many tarpon. But then again we were using 100 dollar bills for bait fishing off the dock.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
that would be the correct cait to use dockside. It is known as the (little Benjy) works well on grand isle and on richmond ave. establishments in houston as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts