2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Certified Animal Chiropractor
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this past weekend I had a choice to either go bow hunting in McMullen Co. on an invitation only weekend or take my Daughter to a cattle show. She had been looking forward to this particular show for a long time and would be disappointed if I went hunting. I had shot a P&Y buck on this hunt last year so I must admit I thought twice about my decision. Well as you probally already guessed I took Faith to the show where she won Grand Champion steer and placed at the top of the showmanship. A shiny new buckle and $475 dollars to the college fund later I had definantly made the right choice...We were blessed..Walker

Attachments

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
awsesome,, good decision dad!

Gotta be a prouder of her than that chance at a new P&Y specail...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Fantastic, congrats to your daughter on the show and to Dad for choosing wisely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Carlos and Sister are nice people, we bought calves from them in the mid-90's. I always had a good time at their show. Great herd of simbrah.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
That buckle will be a better trophy for your family than another set of antlers. :)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Nice job young lady. You should be proud of yourself and I am glad dad made the right decission. There are other times I hope we can go hunting and fishing but only so much time we can spend with our kids. I love those kids! Great awesome job.

Whats it going to sell for?

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Good Deal!! Fine looking Steer she's got there!

·
Tell yo momma and them how she durren...
922 Posts
pere25 said:
Carlos and Sister are nice people, we bought calves from them in the mid-90's. I always had a good time at their show. Great herd of simbrah.
Spen allot of time around them as well showing TCCA Simbrah hefiers, and was good friends with thier sons. They are good people.

Congrats on the GC.

·
Certified Animal Chiropractor
7,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GWF, This was what is called a Jackpot Show..No sell just prize money..This calve is being feed out for the San Antonio livestock show.. she also has a steer for Houston and one for Ft. Worth..

Thanks for the kind words..Walker
great white fisherman said:
Whats it going to sell for?

·
Member of the 7mm STW Club
1,261 Posts
What can I say.Right now you must be a 200+ P&Y Dad
!Congrats on doing the right thing.Congrats to your daughter on raising one fine steer.Hope she takes it all in S.A.

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
Now that is cool. Thats a beautiful steer. Your great decision was rewarded making it even more special. Congrats to her!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
NIce animal, and congrats on the Place

1 - 20 of 36 Posts