2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas of what to do with a GPS that leaked rain water into the case.Its been in the rain plenty of times I guess a seal failed somewhere and when I turned it on Sunday morning it was not right ,flashing on screen .When I took it out of bracket I found it to be full of water .Took a plug loose to drain water and its since dried out but its dead.Its a Eagle Fish Elite 500c .The one year warranty ran out in April and I really don't need a 600 dollar door stop so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Michael

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
Man, I am so sorry to hear that, I know the costs stink , But you may want to call Manufacturer.. Just to check??

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Nothing to lose? Open the case. If it did not get corroded, remove the batteries (if applicable). Be sure to check your fuse, power jack and connections for corrosion. Get a can of electronic board cleaner and spray the inside dripping good ,and it let dry out completely. You may speed this up with a blow dryer, but be careful not heat the board/lcd up. The spray will displace the moisture. A light spray of silicone spray will not hurt once you have the mositure out. Cross your fingers and power it up. Hopefully your LCD did not take in water, if it was showing something its probably OK.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Contact Eagle direct
To receive repair service you must obtain a Return Authorization number from our Customer Service Department. You may contact the Customer Service Department via email or call toll free at 1-800-324-1354.

If that series has had known failures often they will repair or replace, @ No charge or only a small fee ....

No promises but worth a try !!!!!!

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts