2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Hector
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range qualifying today and while we were chit chatting in between qualification tables, we started talking about the old Atari and arcade games. Centipede, Donkey Kong and Pac-Man (to name a few) came up. For some reason, Space Invaders was never mentioned.

After finishing the range, I came home, showered and surfed the net. I came across this!!!! Just thought I'd share it with you guys. It's a free game!! The highest I came up with on first try was 8,000-something points...but of course it has been like twenty something years since I played it. I think the last time I played it, Gremlins was still in theaters and Ronald Regan was still president!!..lol!!! Enjoy! -Hector

http://www.freespaceinvaders.org/

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
First Space Invaders game I ever saw was at Silver Wings in El Campo. High Tech back when/then. B&P

·
Team Solid Action
199 Posts
my dad and i found his old "intelivision" from 1979 the other day in the garage. he was so excited i thought he was gonna pass out. i remember him playing that thing when i was very small...especially this one called "B-17 bomber" because he got the very first sound module and the only sound it had was a robot voice saying "FLAK FLAK FLAK"!

also, donkey kong arcade is the best video game ever made.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
I like Asteroids. I had an Atari 2600...then got the next one up (5200?) for Christmas the next year. Super-Breakout was a blast as was Pac Man, Frogger, and Dig Dug. I wasted many a quarter on 1942 also....and Mappy too. What about Burger Time or whatever it was called?

I have a Nintendo NES here at the house with Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, Bubble Bobble, and Adventures of Lolo plus a few other games.

·
PGA Member
7,828 Posts
Asteroids, ahhh memories

Wonder if you can find any of those old machines? I'd buy asteroids or missile command. I have misslie command on my iphone as an app, pretty cool makes the same sounds etc.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,236 Posts
Asteroids, ahhh memories

Wonder if you can find any of those old machines? I'd buy asteroids or missile command. I have misslie command on my iphone as an app, pretty cool makes the same sounds etc.
There is a place off of Bay Area Blvd. near the O'Rielly's side street that sells the consoles. I can't remember the name of the shop though.

·
quando omni flunkus, mortati
1,506 Posts
cool. i was beating on my space bar. i had the home version of pong back in the late 70's. talk about as dinosaur.
If you ever see Semi-Pro there is a scene with the players sitting around the locker room playing pong. I remember being the envy of every kid I knew when the old man brought one home. He was a big electronics junkie. We also had one of those 300 pound VHS players and the only place to rent tapes was 30 miles from our house.

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
I like Asteroids. I had an Atari 2600...then got the next one up (5200?) for Christmas the next year. Super-Breakout was a blast as was Pac Man, Frogger, and Dig Dug. I wasted many a quarter on 1942 also....and Mappy too. What about Burger Time or whatever it was called?

I have a Nintendo NES here at the house with Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, Bubble Bobble, and Adventures of Lolo plus a few other games.
still have my 2600 and the NES, but I think the controllers are broken for the 2600

1 - 20 of 34 Posts