2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all of your great advice. We headed out this morning with 4 guys and some PVC pipe and got it! We used Crisco on the wood and with the help from a wench here it is (pictures attached).

There is a small fracture at the front part of the keel. It is leaking water from the inside. I'm missing the prop. Also, I can't read the serial number on the sticker on the outside. Is it located anywhere else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,019 Posts
So, were did you find this boat and who is the owner? And like Xtreme01 said, a little TLC and that should work if there is no major structural damage or major motor damage.

·
Saved by Jesus Blessed by God
2,767 Posts
Nice find looks like everything went good.Any problems ?
Keep us updated on the refit.
Ck your pm for s/n info

·
Registered
713 Posts
Since the TX numbers are still on the boat, go down to the TPW office and pay to have them look up the hull and previous owner which will have the serial number to the hull. Hopefully the title will come up clean and you will be able to register it under your name.

If the front keel fracture isn't too bad, you should be able to cut a small access hole in the deck to allow you to make some repairs from the inside. Just be sure to rough sand everything good and use some woven roving heavyweight fiberglass fabric cloth and epoxy. And be sure to repair a much larger area then what appears to be seen to give some structure strength to your repair.

If it all works out, after some TLC you should have a good fishing rig. Nice find!

JR

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Great find!! Adrians Fiberglass can fix the crack at the keel. 832-297-9888. Good luck on getting her in your name. Finders are keepers!!!

Drifter

·
Saved by Jesus Blessed by God
2,767 Posts
Since the TX numbers are still on the boat, go down to the TPW office and pay to have them look up the hull and previous owner which will have the serial number to the hull. Hopefully the title will come up clean and you will be able to register it under your name.

you can do this online now check here
https://apps.tpwd.state.tx.us/tora/jump.jsf :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Give me a call tomorrow and I'll tell you the serial number and the owners name and when he bought it. We hide the serials number in differnt places. 713/477-7119

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
glad it all worked out.. like we told you, a lil time and a few buds works every time...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts