2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from these boards for a while. Found myself a girlfriend and we're pretty serious and bought myself a new truck. Just getting things ready for the hunting seasons approaching. This is my first new vehicle. I love it so far.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
They saw the scratches don't show as much on white trucks. For some reason I always bought black -- I guess I learn slow!

Have fun with the new ride.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Charles Helm said:
They saw the scratches don't show as much on white trucks. For some reason I always bought black -- I guess I learn slow!

Have fun with the new ride.
Charles, that's why I went w/silver on mine back in '04.

Congrats Ruben, on the new rig and the new girl. Welcome back!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Ruben, be sure to spend the money on the husky floor liners. They will sure save your carpet from drink spills, mud etc.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
El Cazador said:
Ruben, be sure to spend the money on the husky floor liners. They will sure save your carpet from drink spills, mud etc.
Ya I need to save a bit so I can Line-X the bed, then I'm going to have them line-x the rocker panels. And I'm going to find some good floor liners like the ones you recommended.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, I love her so much. But she doesnt believe in hunting :( but she does have a desire to learn how to shoot guns and stuff so thats good. She said she will let me hunt though just don't expect her to go. Any of you have wives or girlfriends like that and were able to slowly get them to hunt?

·
Premium Member
15,892 Posts
"Any of you have wives or girlfriends like that and were able to slowly get them to hunt?"

A week long camping trip in the woods without groceries usually works. Nice truck.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
RubenZamora said:
Ya, I love her so much. But she doesnt believe in hunting :( but she does have a desire to learn how to shoot guns and stuff so thats good. She said she will let me hunt though just don't expect her to go. Any of you have wives or girlfriends like that and were able to slowly get them to hunt?
I don't know you, and I don't know her, but that could lead to HUGE problems in the future. I'd suggest you let her know exactly what you'd expect to be able to do as far as hunting/ fishing goes. She may be thinking it's a one day a year type thing, when it's maybe closer to twice a month for you. Just some food for thought before marriage talk starts....

I know one 8-yr marriage that is ending right now somewhat because of that.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
RubenZamora said:
These two guys were fishing, one fishing up stream and one fishing down stream. The guy fishing up stream had his wife with him. When they met, they talked about how the fishing was and the wife excused herself to go behind the bushes. The guy fishing down stream asked: "How do you get your wife to go fishing with you?" The up stream fisherman replied: "How do you get yours to stay home?"

Be careful what you wish for.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
RubenZamora said:
Oh YES!!!! Be carefull what you wish for....

Nice Truck....Now where is the Pics of your girlfriend?????

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
yes, like someone said before, i don't know you at all, but i have a girlfriend that i plan on proposing to in August. She doesn't know if she will be able to go deer hunting but she is willing to try and bird hunt. I got lucky with the fact that she loves to shoot skeet, so i just told her that she would like the fast action hunting better. then we started watching some of the hunting shows and she seemed pretty cool about it. she is the type that loves a challenge. we watched "Uncle Ted" one night and now she wants to try and bow hunt. I hope that everything works out for you.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
I married one like that... she went hunting with me and stalked and killed deer with me before we tied the knot... after that she now is bonified city girl and that is fine with me... she stays home to take care of the kid while I go... only problem is she wants to know when I'll be back and makes sure I do it. Sigh... can't win them all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts