2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Intardweb jeeper
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our taxidermist wanted to try out a new form. It's a 90 degree sneak. Didn't turn out too bad, and I think looks pretty good in the spot it's in.

With my 8 from last season:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Maybe we should put it on a wall pedestal mount to give it a little angle... otherwise,
looks good. Next year a bigger buck...

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
I'd have to agree with Zereaux about the BB, A pedestal mount at a 45 deg. angle would better suit it. For me anyways. Great looking animals though!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
JeepnTX is my youngest son and did a heck of a job to get this buck. He stalked
this buck and his herd of about 30 does for several hours before finally getting in
position for a shot.

The pictures don't do justice to the mount, in person it is a very cool looking mount...
I just think that maybe getting it off the wall at an angle might make it look even
better.

·
Intardweb jeeper
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks good- is this the one you walked up on?
Yep, stalked him about 2.5-3 hours and several miles. I saw him earlier in the day and I knew I wanted him. Got right at 160 yards of him about 45 minutes before sunset and dropped him where he stood.

I'll have to figure something out on the mount, but for now it looks decent where it's at.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I've done a couple mounts like that but have always put them on a weathered barnwood homemade panel that has a mirror on the same plain as the head of the buck. When you look into the mirror you can see the other side of the head really good. If you are interested in a picture send me a pm

WT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts