2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
After the last few days with all the family in the house, I need some alone time and was thinking of heading down to Rockport and camping at GISP. I've never camped there or fished at the park. I don't have a boat, so I'll be wading or toughing it out from the pier.

Does anyone have any advice for a GISP first-timer? Is it even worth fishing down there this time of year?

Thanks,
FishStickMan

·
Registered
640 Posts
Camping at Goose Island is great! It's a real pretty place. Wading might be alittle tough unless someone here can lead you to good wading water. I know the shallows off the fishing pier at the Goose are loaded with shell and mud. I wouldn't like wading it. I've waded the west shore line of Copano Bay many times in the spring with great results, but never in the winter time. The east shore was so muddy wading was never an option. Try the west shore, south of the fishing bridge-reds in the shallows when there's sunshine.

Check out the oldest tree in Texas at Goose Island S/P while you're there.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,311 Posts
get all the way up the channel to the pilons. camp on the beach and fish. Man we had a blast last time we did it. Caught lots of fish and had a great time

·
Registered
44 Posts
Walk down the pier, exit the steps nearest the end on the left and walk east on the shell reef a couple hundred yards,,,,there is a gut that runs through the reef that is 5' deep. If there is current (tide , wind) you will catch trout here (sometimes limits).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info/advice, everyone.

Happy New Year to you all. Peace and prosperity...

Oh, and tightlines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts