2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Abundant rainfall all through the growing season has contributed significantly to a bumper crop of grapes this year. Estimate yield to be several gallons of grapes with most being used as juice and some used in jellies.

We grow several different types of muscadine grapes including Cowart, Scuppernog, and Nobles. You can see the mixture shown in the first two pictures below.

Botany Fruit Terrestrial plant Twig Flowering plant

Fruit Plant Branch Food Citrus

We also grow, for comparison, the RazzMatazz from Gurneys. The RazzMatazz was highly proclaimed by Gurneys and I might add highly priced. My conclusion: it isn’t worth the high price and fails to meet the high acclaim…muscadines are far superior. The third photo attached shows the RazzMatazz.
Food Fruit Plant Tree Sky

If you aren’t familiar with muscadines, I encourage you to read about them, including their wonderful health benefits. Very easy to grow and maintain.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's Meadowlark's muscadine juice. Very tasty. Extremely healthy. No sugar added...but the "drinker" can sweeten to taste when drinking.

Due to the high acid content, water bath processing is entirely sufficient to aid storage, but it won't be long before it is consumed. This is the first batch of several gallons of juice to come.

Drinkware Cocktail Juice Tableware Guava juice

·
Got better things to do than play games
17,142 Posts
That there would make some good wine!!!

It was a great year for pears too. I had trimmed the tree up earlier in the year, although you would never know it as the branches are so heavy that they're touching the ground due to the weight of the pears, LOL!!! I have 5 gallons put up already & am seriously considering pear wine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts