2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am going to be remodeling a house and will be needing about 1000sf of good quality carpet and pad, about 1000sf of ceramic tile, and will be replacing kitchen countertops (maybe 35sf) with solid surface material once I refinish the cabinets. Anyone know of good places to purchase these at the best prices in the Houston area? I will need to have the carpet professionally installed, and probably the countertops as well. I will most likely install the ceramic tile myself.

Some other items I will soon be looking for are :

About 10 6-panel interior doors
1 good quality wood exterior door
2 steel exterior doors with windows
Shower enclosure
Jetted bath tub

If you know any good places for these items also, please post up! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
These's a place on Beltway 8 North around the horsetrack. I think it is called Factory Direct . . . . I hear they have cheap prices on all kinds of building material type of stuff. Sorry to be so vague, just second hand info.

·
Save a Goat, Ride a Cowgirl!!!
3,388 Posts
That's my game!!!

Jeff I can definitely help you with the carpet and tile. I don't do countertops. If you will click on my banner TEXAS CONTRACT FLOORS you can learn a little about my company. Just give me a call and we can see what I can do for ya.

Thanks,

Brad
281-467-4285

·
non-politically correct
7,301 Posts
Texas Contract Floors did an awesome job on the flooring at my coastal place. Brad & Brent are great folks, give em a call.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Do you need right or left hung doors, I know of a place that gets hold of some stuff that you might can use ,kinda a second hand store but lots materials are new pm me if you are interested an I will send you the directions.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm...I've always gotten left- and right-hung doors confused. All but the front door have the hinges on the left side if you are outside the room walking into it, and open into the room. I think that is left-hung, but I can never remember. :D

The front door is the opposite...it opens into the house (obviously), but the hinges are on the right.

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Shadman,

If you need a good tile man PM Angel. That's a tile layin' dude. Plus if he does bad work, he'll be easy to find...haha Seriously, a good tile man.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Doors? When you're PULLING the door towards you to open it, whichever hand you use would be the right answer. I.E...if you have to pull it with the right hand in order to easily open and enter, it would be a "right hand door"

FLOORS/COUNTERTOPS: Try Designer Flooring in Houston. 712-880-9229
Family owned /operated, over 30 yrs experience (2nd generation), honest, reputable, fair priced, great installers... Tell Kathy that Bud sent you. You'll be really glad you did.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A Salt Weapon said:
Doors? When you're PULLING the door towards you to open it, whichever hand you use would be the right answer. I.E...if you have to pull it with the right hand in order to easily open and enter, it would be a "right hand door"

FLOORS/COUNTERTOPS: Try Designer Flooring in Houston. 712-880-9229
Family owned /operated, over 30 yrs experience (2nd generation), honest, reputable, fair priced, great installers... Tell Kathy that Bud sent you. You'll be really glad you did.
Cool, thanks! I can never remember that. These are left-hand doors then, except the front door. I'll check out Designer Flooring as well. Thanks!

Deke - Thanks! PM back atcha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts