2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year will be the last year that we have the Good Ol’ Boys Hunting Club barbecue at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio. Prior to Rogers passing we decided this would be the last year since the number of wounded servicemembers in the hospital has really fell off in the last several years. Roger really wanted to make this last barbecue but unfortunately that didn’t happen. This last barbecue is scheduled for March 13. I’ll be putting together a list of volunteers, normally I try to limit the number of volunteers however since this is our last event, I’m contemplating lifting the restriction (see how many volunteers I get). So volunteers will be on a first-come first sign up basis if I have to restrict the numbers.

As always if people want to donate $ to the barbecue, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
It has been a challenge in the past year to get enough sponsors to help with the BBQ. As State_Vet said, this will be the last year for the BBQ. If you are able to donate to help feed 500 plus soldiers and their families, the Good Ol' Boys would really appreciate it. Remember all donations are tax deductible.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
In Roger's honor..a couple of hunnert will be headed your way to kinda open the gates.......

Also...kudos to you, George...and Carol and all the other volunteers for their efforts over the last few years...

Best part is the shutting down cuz no more broken Soldiers are headed to BAMC.

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Roger's honor..a couple of hunnert will be headed your way to kinda open the gates.......

Also...kudos to you, George...and Carol and all the other volunteers for their efforts over the last few years...

Best part is the shutting down cuz no more broken Soldiers are headed to BAMC.
thanks Jim!

·
AKA "STUMPY"
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Thanks again for the generous donation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts