2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Briefly. 300,000 people have been ordered evacuated from Palm Beach.
All Home Depots here are sold out of plywood, radios and batteries. No more deliveries are expected because other states had already depleted their own stocks for Hurricane Charlie.
Nearly all gasoline stations are out of gas. People are still lining up at the stations in hopes that a delivery will be made. There are tankers of gasoline sitting off port. But the Port Authority is not allowing them in for some reason. The port is closed.
Currently our weather is the same as I remember it from Andrew. Sunshine is in and out fairly rapidly as clouds skate across the skies.
Our major local TV stations CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC have dropped all program scheduling to put all focus on Frances.

For a great view of the bands of rain approaching Florida, take a look at the radar loop coming out of Melboune:
http://radar.wrh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.kmlb.shtml

Now I'm going to go and lay down to give my spine a rest and enjoy 2 hrs. of hilarity with my "The Birdcage" with Robbin Williams DVD...and try to forget Frances for a little while.

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
I hope everyone has taken the proper precautions and stays safe during this storm. With Frances being so soon after Charlie, the amount of damage it does may be quite high. Here's to hoping that it doesn't gain any more strength, or even better, loses some of its gusto.

But as catastrophic as hurricanes can be, they are pretty neat to see in photographs, especially hi-res ones like the one seen at the link below. The detail in this is pretty amazing.
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/images/frances090104-1121z.jpg

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
They wnot let them in because by the time they unloaded the gas from the tanker the hurricane would have destroyed the port if it hits there. Good luck, I hope it turns a little more north to miss you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts