2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wherever you are....BLOOM!
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew showed up at the family place with this. He just got the thing to replace his 4 wheeler before deer season. It's a 36 volt with a 14" lift...top speed of 22 mph and goes 14 miles on a charge. With 3 of us, we drove a little over 4 miles through pastures and it did well. The lack of engine noise is a big plus for seeing game and it's fun to drive.

Attachments

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,539 Posts
My cousin has one of those but with a rear facing seat and gun racks. I didn't think they'd work, but they do.

That one looks better than my cousins though, the paint and color of the body is much better.

TH

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I know several people who use them on smaller places or places with good roads. They are cool because they are so quiet! You can buy them at any golf cart dealer and allot of places around San Antonio also have them. If you do not buy from a dealer make sure the batteries are new! I wanted one and borrowed one to try at our place but it just does not keep a charge long enough to run around our 3,000 acre place too well. If I want to hunt the far corner of the ranch and get back to the house it loses the charge and I was crawling back to the house! they can do allot of cool things to them to trick them out! Basically you should be able to pick a good one up for about $3,000.

·
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My nephew didn't quote exact cost but said it's about one-half of a 4-wheeler cost. One thing I did notice....if you operate it at low speed, it activates a temperature sensitive kill switch...too much current in the wire and not all of it is being used to run the motor. This is noticeable when charge is low. At full charge, it didn't seem to bother it. Like br said...it's great on small places or on good roads. It would still lift the front wheels on a full throttle start after a little more than 4 miles. What I would like is a big wheeled, flat proofed Segway.

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Which one for the lazy hunter?

Is it more trouble to fuel and maintain a gas ATV or to keep up batteries, charging etc of the electric? Assuming the range of the elec is adequate for the place and overnight charging is not a problem (which it could be at a motel)

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Cool, it would be neat to have the stealth of that thing but to bad I could barely make it to my stand and back on a charge

·
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
S & D...that's a good looking cart. Who did your camouflage paint?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
If you're looking at spending about 1 1/2 times what a 4 wheeler would cost, don't rule out the gasoline pwered Kawasaki mules. They have true off road capabilities and my 3010 trans 4X4 is very quiet as I routinely sneak up on deer all the time before they hear me. The smaller 610's can be had for excellent prices (around $6,500.00 in camo, $6,100.00 in red or green) and everyone I know who owns one loves it. I can tell you the best place around to buy one. Happy hunting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts