2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My golf cart batteries are shot.Anyone know were i can get some reasonable price batteries close to Rosenberg,Richmond.Thanks for any help

·
<<<<<It's a living, don't ask!!
2,514 Posts
I bought new ones in Houston from Republic Battery on Long Drive at Wayside last time I was home. (about 6 months ago) Don't remember what I paid but if you call him tell him Darrell Cauley recommended him to you. His name is Casey, he's the owner.

·
******* Simpleton
930 Posts
Fort Bend Battery - on 36 in Rosenburg........ I've also heard that Sams Club has them for a good price.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Darrell.I see you are in Iraq.Keep up the good work and stay safe.Thank you for what you do.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Dos anyone know if golf cart batteries have any chance of survival after being in salt water????? The water came and went pretty fast.....

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Interstate...

The batteries are somewhat sealed so if they did not get opened while under water, they may be OK.. however they do have a vent in the cap..

I would take them to Interstate Battery & have them check them.. they may have a way to flush them out..
For new batteries, I use Interstate Battery for new batt's in my (Tejas Custom Carts) refurbed carts...

If your cart is 36V (6 - 6Volt batt's) then you can go to Sams & get them cheaper...

But if your cart is 48 Volt (6 - 8 Volt batt's) then you will have to go to a battery dealer... I recommend Interstate.,.

They will not last quite as long as the Trojans, but only about a year less.. for a bit less money...

BTW, change your battery cables at the same time.. you should use 4 gauge wire cables instead of the 6 gauge that are stock.. better performance & better run time.. if you need the cables, let me know.. We make our own..

Also wash all the electrical area & battery area real good with a degreaser like Simple Green then spray all electrical connections with CRC 2-26 to inhibit the corrosion as well as provide for better electric connectivity. DO NOT USE CORROSION X ON ELECTRICAL OR PLASTIC....

Hope this helps...

Supergas

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
It's been a while, but we used to buy refurbed batteries from a place called Golden Eagle battery between Pearland and Alvin on Highway 35.

They have a 1 year garauntee. It has been quite a long time, but if they are still around, they have solid refurbs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Supergas,how long should i expect a new set of batteries to last .I use it down here to run around in the community i live in.And should i put it on charge every nite or just every week?Some days does not get run much at all.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Cart Batteries

Trojans usually last 5 to 7 years depending on their maintenance program..

The cart charger, unless it is antique, is self regulating & will only charge what it needs to.,. so you can plug it in daily or weekly..

you could buy a charge meter, $25 or so which will let you keep a better eye on it... I usually charge the shop cart once a week unless someone really uses it up then when it slows down or the charge light is flashing, we plug it in...

When you replace your batt's, change the cables to 4 Ga... makes a difference.

Also on any cart always keep the connections TIGHT & CLEAN.. use a waterproof grease or we use a battery terminal cleaner & corrosion inhibitor...
You can get these at the auto parts store... PLUS, check the water & keep topped up with distilled water...

SG

·
Registered
542 Posts
SchickeP said:
My golf cart batteries are shot.Anyone know were i can get some reasonable price batteries close to Rosenberg,Richmond.Thanks for any help
The cheapest is Sams club. I just bought a pack for $66.00 apiece on HWY 6. They work great. I bought 4GA jumpers from an auto parts store, it helped alot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts