2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my number has finally come up and myself and a horde of other linemen from Centerpoint Energy will be leaving at 5am Saturday morning to go help restore power taken out by Ivan, the unholy.

Blood money for sure but I think I'll enjoy the experience.

Unfortunately, I'll be missing the Double bayou blowout AND the Lonestar bike rally in Galveston week after next, (both of which I was REALLY lookin' forward to) but oh well, can't pass up a chance to lend a hand to some folks that need it and put a little coin in the pocket as well.

I'm guessin' we'll be gone anywhere from 2-3 weeks but who knows.

I'm bringin' the camera so maybe I can post up some interesting pics when we get back.

I'll be thinkin' about all my buds back in the Lonestar state while I'm gone and I hope all my bikin' buds have a great time at the blowout and the rally......hoist a few for me, would ya'?

Rex

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Ha. looks like we're doin the same surfing at the same time. Have a good trip! You'll probably be able to pay off the bike when you return.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Good luck, Rex, and be careful. I know you guys are pros, but that's a dangerous environment. Looking forward to the pics when you get back. What I'm seeing on the news of the Pensacola area looks a lot like what I saw on the Mississippi coast after Camille.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Good Luck And Be Careful....

Great to be able to help with something so important. "Camp-town races five miles long...do da, do da...." CF?

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
stay safe, Rex and if you need help on this end keeping an eye on things, let me know. I know you were looking forward to the rally, but I will take my digital and get some pics for ya.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
God speed Rex ...

I know that the Lord has a host of angels hovering over you and the members of your crew of linemen in your gallant quest.
Just imagine the number of desperate hurricane devastated citizens who are praying for your presence right now.
Thank you!
Joyce

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
yall be careful rex! looking foreword to hearing from you and seeing the pictures when you get home.

·
Old yellow member
2,275 Posts
Good Luck Guys

Remeber to work safe also........

Those people really need some help from what I have seen, lucky for us they are not coming this way.

Yet. :eek:

FN

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Ditto what Mont said

Mont said:
stay safe, Rex and if you need help on this end keeping an eye on things, let me know. I know you were looking forward to the rally, but I will take my digital and get some pics for ya.
Gonna miss ya buddy, you can leave your bike at my house, it would look real good parked next to mine in the garage, and it would look real good rollin next to mine at the rally with Miss Dixie at the helm....LMAO.....Please call me after ya been down there several days and lemme know how yer doin so I can post it up.....

Your my Hero.....LOL

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Saying the Prayers

Be careful guys. I'm still waiting to hear from an Aunt and several older cousins with children and gandchildren. They live in Cantonment, Fla. which is just south of I-10 @ Pensicola. Ivan came right over thier area along with the graveyard that we just recently buried my closet Uncle on my mom's side.(approx. a year)

Full Stringer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts