2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would be great. Not sure how far the trip will be. Going out of Freeport and heading south. Any info on anything would be a great help. Thanks.

BT

Cheers

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow.... have no idea how I could have ever known that pertinent information without your AWESOME input.... J/K quite funny

Ok, more specific.... fish reports, debris reports, water reports (bluewater)... maybe that will help a bit.

hawgs said:
Any info on anything? The water will be wet and the sun will rise in the east.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
I've heard debris is a non-issue. I have also heard fishing sux.

Brandon

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Bluewater is at 55 - 60 miles out of SS but somewhat disorganized with off color water on Tequila but good blue on Sunrise. Fishing is extremely slow on the troll but AJs and bottom fish are biting. No unusual debris out of SS with several rips in close and no well defined rips out further this last Sunday.

Good Luck,
AGF

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
As of Sunday, there were a BUNCH of shrimp boats in the East 27s to Salvador area. Don't know if they'll stick around through the weekend, but they were all sitting in good water.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Second that and they were the ticket for BFT which we picked up one on the troll going home but we did not have enough daylight to stick around for a drop off the back of the boats. Probably would have produced several more. Bring trade materials since these shrimpers have been out for awhile.

AGF

James Howell said:
As of Sunday, there were a BUNCH of shrimp boats in the East 27s to Salvador area. Don't know if they'll stick around through the weekend, but they were all sitting in good water.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Yup, they were very thirsty and very appreciative.

Always-Gone-Fishing said:
Second that and they were the ticket for BFT which we picked up one on the troll going home but we did not have enough daylight to stick around for a drop off the back of the boats. Probably would have produced several more. Bring trade materials since these shrimpers have been out for awhile.

AGF

·
Registered
351 Posts
So what's the latest drum beatin y'all are hearin about surside? Is bridge bait going to be open Saturday/Friday?? If not, what's the easiest way in the water from Blue Water Storage? We're plannin on going out Sat morning, thought about friday night, but debris makes that a bad choice obviously...

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Debris was a non issue out to 100 miles last weekend. I think it has all moved south. Rumor has it Bridge bait will be open, but talked to Mike Hutto of cowboy charters/rig runners this morning at buc-ees, surfside marina had no bait (he was buying bait at buc-ee's). I know the ramp at the community house is in good shape, we launched and recovered a 36 yellowfin there this week. Don't know about bridge bait's ramp or bait situation.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
good luck

Saturday 10/4
Morning
Breezy whitecaping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: SSE 10 to 14 knots
Seas: SE 2 feet at 4 sec.
Afternoon
Light winds with a slight chop. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: SE 9 to 13 knots
Seas: SE 2 feet at 4 sec.
Sunday 10/5
Morning
Breezy whitecaping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small short period wind waves.
Winds: SE 12 to 16 knots
Seas: ESE 4 feet at 5 sec.
Afternoon​
Winds: ESE 12 to 16 knots
Seas: ESE 3 feet at 5 sec.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
read my post for thurs. Didn't see another boat except for shrimpers all day. The shrimpers are in Salvadore to the sw area at 50-60 miles out, & yes they want beer (which we forgot). I would be on the lookout for debris, because it was definitely out there thurs. Saw some big stuff out there, but only blue runners & hardtails on them. Hit a deep rig if you want to catch something, as the topwater action is dead. Good luck, you'll need it, because I can't seem to get any.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good luck, we made an attempt today and the wind was a howlin!!! Considering the wind and the recent reports we turned back in for the first time ever.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Went out of Surfside today on a playday. Fisrt stopped by Bridge Bait to see what was going on. It is possible they could be open this weekend selling bait and ice but it didn't look like much else would be operational. One of the ramps was still roped off. The sidwalk on the south side of the building is missing and portions of the dock were missing. Still have some work to do but they are working hard and had made a lot of progress to get there and get it back up for their customers.

When I got to the mouth of the jettys at about 7:30 the 1s (according to the buoy) were closer to 2 to 4s The wind was pretty strong and had been all night. It seemed to calm during the day however. Based on today I am not optimistic that Saturday is going to be 2s. I did not go far enough to get out of the sore breeze so I don't know wha tit was like past about 10 miles. I did not see a much debris but did see a few things. Only slightly more than a normal July day.

Not much in the way of fish out to where I went. However, I can tell you that the keeper red fish were all over the north side of the north jetty out on the end. The folks on the jetty were actually having mor luck than us in boats. The fish seemed to be almost on top of the jetty.

I did talk to one boat that had gone to Salvadore looking for BF overnight Thursday with nothing to show for the effort.

Good luck to those who go tomorrow. I think I am going to sit this one out. Don't want to take the beating or spend the money based on the latest reports.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts