2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out of Freeport Saturday and heard there is alot of floating debris within 20 miles. Do you guys think this debris will be holding good fish?

·
Paddle solo, sleep tandem
3,601 Posts
id be really careful for the objects you DONT see. Im not going to risk taking off a lower unit or throwing a prop on my trip outboard or even hitting something underneath the water. I guess the whole idea of only being able to see 10% of the glacier on top of the water idea scares me. This debris is going to be around for a while, I just dont think its in the best interest of myself or my friends/family and boat for that matter to head offshore just yet.

Im sure there will be great fish hanging under neath the debris, its just finding the right debris pile-up with the right fish piled up underneath.

I guess you just kind of have to weigh your pros/cons here. I personally also am not going to be fishing offshore or bay either bc I'll be busy helping friends and people who need the help down on the coast. I'd just feel like a gutless jerk putting my big CC in the water and fishing while I could be helping others, not to mention I'd also feel bad if I saw them working. Thats just ME THOUGH, IMHO. Not talking trash here-

*good luck if you go and be safe.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's cool I respect that but fortunately everyone in my circle, family and friends, are taken care of now but most certainly I can respect where you're coming from.Trust me I don't plan on running wide open just at a nice steady cruise.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Taken the Don out

We will be taken the new boat out for the first time. Lifes to short to just sit by and watch others catch the big ones.

·
I fish so there for I am
1,130 Posts
spitfire said:
Going out of Freeport Saturday and heard there is alot of floating debris within 20 miles. Do you guys think this debris will be holding good fish?
Hey Spitfire ,, if you get a chance, please stop by on your way back in and give me a report on the debris that you see,

I'm the GM at Surfside Marina ( you know the big blue building) I'm getting a lot of phone calls asking the same question,

Dwayne

Dwayne

·
Get a reel job - go fishing!
1,720 Posts
Only report I have out of PA in the last few days is that there is a ton of debris inshore of the rocks and it's NOT holding any fish. Water is pretty dirty out to 50 miles but there have been some good catches of tuna off the shrimpers in relatively shallow water (about 200 feet).

·
Registered
548 Posts
You may not care, but be forewarned that your ePIRB may not work this weekend so you are probably on your on if you have to get in the water.

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=180723

Let's see - lots of subsurface debris, ePIRB won't work, no boaters nearby, assume enough time to get off a mayday as a backup plan (there was a situation this summer where a 2cooler had just enough time to grab the LJs as she rolled so this may not be the case) - I'll pass this weekend to fish others. Good luck to those that go, have fun, and return safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts