2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we are going on their boat for the first time. any good advice? it will be a 12hr trip. i'm packing light and taking some rods and reels plus tackle and bait just in case. hopefully we can post up some pics saturday of our trip. thanks.

bone and kim

·
Salty Dawg
7,717 Posts
bone said:
we are going on their boat for the first time. any good advice?
Yea have fun while someone else drives the boat.

·
Super Senior Member...
794 Posts
I would call and ask if they are taking live bait, If not show up a little bit early and catch a few piggies. Thats only if they have a place to store them to keep alive.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
use the kaikons and jig your ***** off. get there early enough to get a spot on the stern. throw a line out a wire leader and a cigar minnow or icefish just to keep them honest. it ain't going to be the same as fishing on your boat but if they put you on fish it fun watching all the activity. be prepared to see some real yahoo's and realize that this is summertime and that's when the tourists fish. if you are boatless when i get a kitchen pass you and kim are welcome on my boat....rick

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fixin to leave (3:15am)

thanks guys. i have the kaikons and jigs, so hopefully the action will be good. we might take you up on that offer rick. thanks.

lee and kim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts