2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miss Dixie, Rosie and myself are headed to the East shoreline... Will be at Hodges reef..... Here fishy fishy..... YEE HAW

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
....And the answer is?

Badhabit,
So, how was the East shoreline and Hodges? The wind has been relentless from the SSE today here on West bay and the fishing slow.

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
The answer is...BadHabit got skunked!! Well, not quite skunked, but Rosie and I were the fish catchers today with two nice looking flounder in the boat. I also managed a 19 1/2" redfish that was thrown back. Two for the girls...ZERO for Darrell. I have a feeling BadHabit will probably post that he was too busy getting the snake that crawled up the outboard and into the boat OUT of the boat all while Rosie was standing in the seat just a hollerin'....was a sight to see...wish I had the camera close by for that Kodak moment.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Report on East Trinity Bay

Water was dirty, wind was blowin, and the fishin was slow....Splashed the boat in Double Bayou at 0620.... No live shrimp available due to fresh runoff... Motored down to Double Bayou Landing, and Wendi asked for shrimp, same story, Notta.... BUT, the owner musta felt sorry for Wendi, and he gave, yes I said GAVE her about 30 Black Saltys.... We head south to Hodges, water looked nasty but had some salt, tide was comming in strong.... Rosie hooked a nice flattie and lost it at the boat, We moved to the mouth of the cut behind the reef to get out of the wind....Wendi boated a 19" red and I slipped it back in the water unharmed... Rosie landed a 16" flattie, and a while later Wendi puts a keeper flattie in the boat.... Here comes a water snake swimming along, I told the girls that they will crawl in the boat, the snake disappears and the girls chill out... a few minutes later, I see the snake coiled arount the steering linkage of the outboard about 2 feet away from Rosie's legs, I made the girls aware of our new guest and Rosie jumps on top of the swivel seat and she is just a spinnin round and round.... I tap the guest on the head with the tip of my Billystix and he parts company with us, Rosie was still just a spinnin, Wendi and I were laughing to the point of tears.... We decide to give up and head back..... We had a burger at the landing which I will tell about in another post... ( The BEST Burger ever).....

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
i did have fun and would do again today, but i am still tired from yesterday and still dizzy from going round and round. all in all we had a blast and i liked using the black salty bait.

rosie

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
sounds like a fun day to me! im looking foreword to fishin with you two ladies before too long :cool:

trudy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts