2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in May, my cashier Veronica, found out she had some melanoma spots. Since then, at various times, the doctors have cut, cut, cut on her. Thursday, she went for a full body scan (MRI) and they have found 2 cyst the size of a golf ball on her uterus. There are several options, but they don't know if they are benign or not, and she has not decided which procedure to choose. She has 6 children, and she needs prayer for comfort, decision, and healing.

Now get this, Saturday, one of my employees asked if I would ok a collection to be taken up for her medical expenses. Of course, not a problem. My employees are in the pay range of 5.50 to 7.50 per hour plus tips, and one guy donated $23 right off the bat. The short story is that we collected $137 Sat and by the time the guys cashed their pay checks today, over $220 came in. I think there will be more as well as all my employees were not working.

Its awesome how God works in the hearts of people. There were guys giving over a half days pay. Many people will donate whatever it takes and sacrifice for others. There is still alot of good people left in this world and I wanted to share the good parts of it today.

And...the guy that wanted to take up the collection...well...he used to be waist deep in gang activity & drugs up in Pa. He has since been saved, and is living a Christ like life. Awesome!

Thanks for the prayers for Veronica. I know she will appreciate it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Although we are on vacation up here with plans to head up to long Island to visit My Cousin we will be thinking of Veronica and keeping her in our prayers. Praise to the guy from Pa. it is always so wonderful to hear testimony like that. And I know who is responsible for leading him to the Lord; I also know he is preaty good at it!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
You can be sure Fishman ...

that Veronica will be on the heart and in the prayers of each one in our home. She's been a very brave soldier dealing with Melanomas, facing each one when they're found.

No matter all the good and promising news we hear about "curing" cancer, when the demon is dropped in your lap....it changes everthing. You're plagued by all kinds of "what ifs". The courage this lady has displayed will carry her through.

Thanks for sharing with us Fishman. There's power in prayer, we see it all the time. God Bless and watch over Veronica.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts