2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Banned
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep my boat in the storage next to the Lyondell plant on Hwy 60, approx 8-10 miles inland from Matagorda. The storage is aluminum and 2x4...typical boat storage...I have serious doubts it will hold up to this storm, but I really don't know. I am debating heading down in the middle of the night and grabbing the boat...what do yall think? Oh yeah, long time no talk 2coolers...

Nate

· "FIRED UP" Contender
1,118 Posts
Call your ins and make sure it's covered - I just did to make sure I didn't have to move mine. My ins said i'm covered were i'm at so she's stayin' put..

I did sink (4) 1/2 redheads in the driveway and tied her down with 20,000# rachet straps..

· Big Fish Wish!
154 Posts
Nate,

If it were me, I would just go and get it for peace of mind. So what if its insured...do you really want to go thru the hassle of having to replace it? Paid for by insurance company or not, that will take up a whole lot more of your time (not to mention being without the boat) should something happen.

· Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,069 Posts
Insurance, Insurance! go get your item's, if insurance can prove that you didn't try to go and get your "insured" item's, you'll get ZERO! especially after posting your concern's on this site! this CRAPP will just slow down the system and the people who really need their insurance will be hurt by this "negligence", and that is exactly what's being discussed here!

· Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
Make sure your insurance knows that its not stored at your home, I had to declare that I keep it at the coast and i pay a little more a month. I was going to leave mine in Port A and let what may happen to it, but I decided I didnt' want to go thru the hassle of insurance pay-off and having a new one built

· Banned
2,052 Posts
Check with DPS on highway closings. A-lot of those roads down that way will be closed to southbound traffic at 7 am. Counter-flow will be put in place...

· Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,069 Posts
rvj said:
Check with DPS on highway closings. A-lot of those roads down that way will be closed to southbound traffic at 7 am. Counter-flow will be put in place...
True! i am hearing that the insurance companies will be doing more "repairing" than replacing ! what a wait that would be, and what would you get back after the repairs? Don't even want to think about it! Glad i didn't leave any valuables on the coast.....

· Banned
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeppers

Thats the one...ole Joel is a character. I am going to do it, mainly for the reasons Tim said...I like my boat, I don't want to have to replace it. Leaving later, hopefully can avoid some traffic by going at night. As for negligence, anytime no one knows where the hurricane is going to hit, i don't think you can call it negligence...I can bring it here, and then the storm hits here and a gust blows the boat over....is that negligence? I personally think not.

luna nueva said:
are you talking about highway 60 boat storage run by ole Joel? I keep both my big boat and my scooter there. My big boat is insured. My little scooter isnt. I am trying to make the decision right now.

· This space for rent
916 Posts
See the problem Im running into is if I go pick it up there, it will just be sitting out in front of my house here in katy and probably less protected than if it were in a boat shed on the coast. At least there its somewhat indoors. Plus if I picked up two of them that would take my truck and the suburban, leaving only the little toyota camry. Hmmmmm...

· Registered Somewhere
5,569 Posts
Go get it if you have a place to put it. This strom is not paying attention to the weather people. It is doing what they all do. Blow hard and go where they want to.

· Banned
2,649 Posts
Naterator,

I would'nt be sitting on the computer right now if I were you! I'd be in my truck taking care of business!Go now before traffic gets too bad.
It's a rat race down there right now from reports I got a few minutes ago.I guess me and Noo Noo's camp will be gone after this weekend.:( It's on the ICW headed towards East Bay.Oh well.....the boats were hauled out Monday! :)

Good luck everyone......be safe.

· DS1262
2,135 Posts
Went to Matty yesterday and picked up my boat. Left at 3 AM and got home at 6 PM. Long day, but my boat is sitting in my shop where it is more or less safe. I don't want a "repaired" boat and I doubt that I could replace it for what the insurance company would pay for a total loss. I take care of my toys and they are always there for me to enjoy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.