2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cold spell is an arctic blast that happens every few years so no big deal and doesnt disprove or prove global warming.

The real debate is: are we as humans causing our earth to overheat because of the amount of CO2 and greenhouse gases we are letting in to the atmosphere?

Is CO2 and smog bad? heck yeah it is, I hate seeing the haze of smog over houston and texas city when I am fishing. It is terrible. But the fact that these idiot scientists think that we are going to destroy the earth by letting CO2 in to our atmosphere is absurd. However, I do agree that for the next 200 years or so we are affecting the atmsphere somewhat but what these scientists are scared to admit is that the earth has been heating and cooling and heating and cooling for millions of years. Just 10,000 years ago there was a mile high ice sheet that draped over the northern US. And since then it has melted and retreated so how the heck can some of these guys say that we are heating up the earth when it has already been heating up naturally for thousands of years. Most likely we will begin to get cold again when the earth's axis shifts a little and in 10,000 years we will be again under a major ice advance.

Anyways I just thought I would give some of you something to think about. Especially to those bleeding hearts who think that driving an SUV or a pickup is killing our planet. Not that many guys (and gals) on this site drive EV1's. But I think it is a good topic of discussion to educate people rather than spread propaganda like our ex vice president is doing.

·
Life is a Trip!
819 Posts
There are thousands of scientists contesting that little greenhouse theory, many of whom have even filed law suits for fraud. IMHO, this deal is nothing but another power grab to justify more BS jobs and an extended taxation base.

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
The real debate is: are we as humans causing our earth to overheat because of the amount of CO2 and greenhouse gases we are letting in to the atmosphere?
The simple answer while keeping propoganda (from both sides) OUT of the discussion is...NO!!

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Can many parts of the data be "studied" and proposed as a "theory" (key word...THEORY...not "fact")...yes. The data can be skewed and fit whatever outcome they want it to. That's why it is now (and has ALWAYS been) a theory of "global warming" with ZERO irrefutable evidence to support the THEORY.

I'm not about to claim to be a scientist and have the education, credentials, or knowledge to discredit these theories, but I AM absolutely intelligent enough to understand what a theory is vs. a fact.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I am beginning to believe that there is something to global warming being caused by greenhouse gases.
Our plant shut down 2 big energy using units 2 month ago and already the temps are 20 degrees below normal for the state!!!!

Heard an interesting theory by some MIT and Oxford scientists stating that warming is caused by variations in solar flare activity. As the activity warms the earth, the oceans liberate more CO2. They produced temp and CO2 charts showing their relation. Temp always lead CO2 increases. Temp was lead by increased solar activity.

I don't think human CO2 production can compete with volcanic activity. God is the master of the universe.

However, humans have a responsibility to be responsible and accountable to God.

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
Free Methane

I might be directly responsible for global warming. It is not because of CO2, although it might have something to do with greenhouse gas effects. I have been told that I release more methane than the average man, & for that I am truly sorry. Throughout the holidays, I haven't been allowed to sit next to the fireplace. It saddens me somewhat that certain people will not get into my truck without ensuring a window is cracked. God created volcanic activity, solar flares, climate changes, & my digestive tract. I am just a small part of a bigger plan as I've been told. If this energy can be harnessed & utilized positively please let me know. There is much talent on this site & I'm sure someone can market this resource. :eek:

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
However, I do agree that for the next 200 years or so we are affecting the atmsphere somewhat but what these scientists are scared to admit is that the earth has been heating and cooling and heating and cooling for millions of years. Just 10,000 years ago there was a mile high ice sheet that draped over the northern US. And since then it has melted and retreated so how the heck can some of these guys say that we are heating up the earth when it has already been heating up naturally for thousands of years. Most likely we will begin to get cold again when the earth's axis shifts a little and in 10,000 years we will be again under a major ice advance.
i don't know of any earth scientists that don't admit that the earth goes through long, natural cycles of heating and cooling. if there are any, they aren't really scientist. the evidence is everywhere.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
remember the movie midnight express where all the guys walk around the wheel and billy hayes walks the opposite direction and the crazy guy starts telling him he is a bad machine , suppose the go the way everyone else does,, well we (most americans just belive what we are told and flow that direction, people need to start going the other way as in my opinion jus another scamm to milk people outta money getting them to beleive and buy into this chit hence if we rock the boat we are bad machines, wonder how many millions gore has milked outta this deal. i always wonder what happens to people when they get to washington i use think they may go there with good intentions and supposadly to do good for the people and the people back home but greed takes over after they get there, jus lie over lie, they may say this and that but they jus ramble cause someone/group is pulling their strings, the earth is and always go through changes from one extreme to another i belive and always will, im sure there are a bunch of things going on man caused they are affecting the earth,, now they will come up with all these (more) studies to milk more greed to do all these studies to really see earth changes from this and that, i know they already do studies but they always come up with more. you ever read up on some of these ridiculous studies they spend our money on? sorry for the ramble still groggy from my surgery yesterday.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The evidence is on the NASA.gov website for anyone with half a brain, (and not on the government payroll). For the last 20 years the sun has just gone through a period of major activity. The last 10 years this activity level has been dropping. The last 2 years there have been almost NO sunspots. The last time this happened we went into a cycle called the little ice age. If you superimpose the chart of global temperatures with a chart of sunspot activity, (sunspots are induction zones that mix the nuclear fuel the sun runs on, they are always followed by solar flares or outburst of energy), the two charts coorelate exactly. I saw a "science spokesperson" on TV the other day doing an experiment that "proves" global warming adding CO2 to seawater to show the change in PH. The experiment she didn't do was heat up the water, a cold liquid can absorb many times more CO2 than a warm liquid. Which is why warming trends always precede elevated atmosphere CO2 levels, (not the other way around as claimed by Global Warmers). If the planet WAS warming then ocean CO2 levels would go down, (law of physics, ("I am a physicist")).
A simple thought experiment, is the planet warmer in the summer or the winter, what is the difference between the two?, (no the CO2 levels don't magically increase and decrease). Or is the planet warmer in the day or the night, again what is the difference?? To believe in "Global Warming" I would have to believe that 4 more hours of sunlight a day that causes a 100degree temperature swing is less significant than a 35 parts per million(mans contribution), out of 300 parts per million(natures contribution, all life on earth plus volcanoes plus emitted from soil fermentaion), increase in CO2 levels that change the earths albedo by .00003%. The albedo is the amount of light hitting the earth from the sun divided by the amount reflected back in to space. For comparison the solar output changed .05% in the last 22 years during this solar cycle,(nasa.gov goddard insitute). This is what happens when you do science by statistics, (I.E. the roosters crowing makes the sun rise 9 out of 10 times). Remember cold fusion anyone???

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Man, I can't believe this is the last season of "Lost"... I hope they clear all the confusion up this season.

·
Wherever you are....BLOOM!
5,760 Posts
The only thing I know with considerable certainty is that if a politician comes with an agenda, it's best to hold onto your wallet!

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
This cold spell is an arctic blast that happens every few years so no big deal and doesnt disprove or prove global warming.

Is CO2 and smog bad? heck yeah it is, I hate seeing the haze of smog over houston and texas city when I am fishing. It is terrible. But the fact that these idiot scientists think that we are going to destroy the earth by letting CO2 in to our atmosphere is absurd. However, I do agree that for the next 200 years or so we are affecting the atmsphere somewhat but what these scientists are scared to admit is that the earth has been heating and cooling and heating and cooling for millions of years. Just 10,000 years ago there was a mile high ice sheet that draped over the northern US. And since then it has melted and retreated so how the heck can some of these guys say that we are heating up the earth when it has already been heating up naturally for thousands of years. Most likely we will begin to get cold again when the earth's axis shifts a little and in 10,000 years we will be again under a major ice advance.

Anyways I just thought I would give some of you something to think about. Especially to those bleeding hearts who think that driving an SUV or a pickup is killing our planet. Not that many guys (and gals) on this site drive EV1's. But I think it is a good topic of discussion to educate people rather than spread propaganda like our ex vice president is doing.
Oh, please. Not. :headknock

·
A huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day
728 Posts
Dr. Neil Frank our top senior meteorologist said at his retirement lunch " Global Warming us a Hollywood name made up for Charity", he couldn't be more right.

Screw NASA and thier jumping into the political ring as well. Al Gore should be hung for his Nobel Peace Prize on a slide show on Global Warming. He beat a 98 year old woman that save over 2500 lives in the most self thought of kindness and caring. To bad she died soon after and never knew was elected. http://www.irenasendler.org/team.asp

Last: Richard Lindzen, Professor of Atmospheric Sciences at MIT or Massachusetts Institute of Technology, wrote:

"The notion of a static, unchanging climate is foreign to the history of the Earth or any other planet with a fluid envelope. Such hysteria (over global warming) simply represents the scientific illiteracy of much of the public, the susceptibility of the public to the substitution of repetition for truth."

So be stupid if you believe it. These icebergs they have been monitoring and worry if straying into our shipping lanes have been there for over 50 years floating back and fourth. Spent a lot of time with in-laws these holidays and many debates, but we didn't on this one.

·
Registered
280 Posts
These same people were screaming chicken little about the impending ice age back in the 70's. If you believe global warming to be true, you need your head examined. Ambient temperature do not remain flat, and any increases we are seeing are part of a cycle. A cycle of ups and downs.
Notice how the kooks changed from "global warming" to "climate change"? Gives them more room to maneuver.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts