2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Was wondering if its against the law to have glass, aka "beer" bottles in your boat while on the lake, bay or gulf? Not gonna be drinking and drivin, passengers only. My Dad seems to think it illegal, but some of our friends say it isn't.

Any info. appreciated.
Thank You
Eric

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Take a cooler full of glass bottles, drop it from the tailgate of a truck, and see what happens, it's about like slamming a few waves in your boat.... Go figure.....

·
6,429 Posts
We ain't talking open containers, we are talking GLASS.... Ever been wading and cut your foot on glass, with the bacteria born problems in the water today, it wouldnt be fun....

·
NRA LIFER
3,210 Posts
Glass in a boat

Not a good idea. I have not allowed glass in my boat for many, many years. Not since the first one was dropped and broke.

I do not think there is any law about it though.

Bob

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
I think it depends on the lake or body of water. Here in San Antonio, the area lakes have a ban on glass on the water. Good idea in my opinion. We do have to make adjustments sometimes, but I don't mind one bit if it means not having my foot sliced open or running over a bottleneck...

All the rivers (Guadalupe and Comal) have the same restriction as well.

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
I meant to ask Reeltor if he found Shiner Bock in plastic bottles. I know it's a sacrelige but they shore taste good on the beach! Any clues?

Man my spelling sucks tonight!

·
6,429 Posts
LOL Rick, Shiner does come in cans !!!!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Please bring back bottles for deposit, very very good .

Have specail on beer this week only.

Al Kader big American business man now, you see.

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
Badhabit, if you make danged sure the bottles stay in the boat and end up in
the trash can back at the dock..what's the problem? I think he was asking
about the legal aspects of open containers myself...

MEGABITE

·
6,429 Posts
What IF ????

For some unforseeable, or nonpreventable reason your boat goes down, are ya gonna swim those glass bottles to shore ??? and don't think it can't happen, It did to a friend and I on Trinity Bay last summer in a 16' flatbottom, we lost everything in the boat, including a brand new 5000 watt generator.....

MEGABITE said:
Badhabit, if you make danged sure the bottles stay in the boat and end up in
the trash can back at the dock..what's the problem? I think he was asking
about the legal aspects of open containers myself...

MEGABITE

·
6,429 Posts
But it is legal in most parts of the water....

·
6,429 Posts
Yea, we made our own reef, rods, reels, tackle, generator, light bar and quite a few full Busch Lite cans..LOL, we swam with the boat for over 3 hrs in the dark to the closes shore line which was a rock levi that was full of skeeters... Sat thru a major lightining storm, we were kinda worried... But were still alive..... I will never forget that nite....

·
6,429 Posts
Hush Cuz, wasn't gonna tell the whole story....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts