2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as you know I haven't posted in a good while but every now and then I'll peak. I've been struggling w/this rod back and forth but looks like its finally coming together. Here's a G loomis ultra light rod 1 to 4lb class, 6mm diameter on the butt and 4mm diameter on the foregrip wrap, as you know 99% of the rods I build are gorilla rods (surf 10' or better). The thread work took some color sacrifices due to a small stick but the hardest part was done by Mark Blabaum which I can't thank enough not only for the work he's done but for the advice and tutorial he's shared w/me and others. I had to change the acrylic reel seat due to the customers request, so again FINALLY. The hologram guides and final touches will be completed at the end of the week. Stay Cool guys :)dance:).

Attachments

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Eddie, you've been missed. What a departure from your usual "big sticks"! Think about all the thread you saved by doing an UL. HA! Really sharp looking, mi amigo!!
I started 2 ULs back in Sept...maybe this will motivate me to finally close the wrap on the first one.
Jerry

·
Registered
704 Posts
It looks great Eddie. I really like the winding checks and I'm glad to see that it's finally on it's way to Larry. Great Job on the build.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
NICE WORK ED! I hate to shout but I really like that work. Yesterday I spent tying flies and some jigs for crappie. I have plenty of fly rods but no ultralight rod for the jigs. I guess an ultralight is in store for the coming month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts