2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
heck they bite anything. Blue/White Illanders with small ballyhoo (I use William son Live Ballyhoo with great success) and small chugger style trolling lures. Have caught them on just about everything we troll, even large "marlin" lures.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ditto on the bit of squid !

We were having a hard time getting the dorado to bite once...so I decided to hook a piece of squid on a jig hook...and the action began. Bucktail jigs...snapper slappers...or any small lure with a piece of squid just may the trick to get them to start the frenzy.

·
Registered
712 Posts
a big bull hit an oti jig about ten feet from the boat, but did not get a hookset! fonz and mason got him on a chunk of bonito.

I hooked a chicken on a bucktail!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the tips, keep them coming.

I am heading out on a charter next weekend and talk about all the weedlines has me pretty pumped

·
Capt. Trout Trousers
123 Posts
Silver spoon reeled in as fast as you can!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Normally a Speck Rig works great (for chicken dolphin) but, yesterday they would only hit a gold spoon (twice) and just chased it around the rest of the time. I'll have to try some of these other good ideas next time.

·
Registered
518 Posts
This weekend we caught the hell out of them just a hook and a piece of squid. we just pulled up to the weedline and threw some chum out then tossed out squid in with it. when they would see the squid just jerk it a few times and they cant stand it and take it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts