2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went down to KOA at SLP and camped last Thursday until this Monday afternoon. Was able to get out and fish with the girls a bit. All four girls caught fish! We fished the back flats, cold pass, west bay deep water, and tit lum tat lum. They caught gaftop, whiting, croakers, sharks, reds, trout, and flounder. We used live shrimp, piggies, and mullet! All bait fish were caught at the park in the cast net! We also fished the lights at night with speck rigs and caught plenty of dink trout! On the first day, Sophia who turned 3 years old on the 19th caught her first fish on her snoopy rod! We had a mullet free lined on the flats on her snoopy rod when a fish smashed it! She ended up with a 26" blacktip for her first fish! Sophia's next fish the next day actually snatched the snoopy rod out of the rod holder and swam off with it. I tried casting a jig after it really quick but that did not work lol...Amanda, my seven year old upgraded her personal best trout record to very nice spekckled trout going right at 25" and 5lbs. She caught that on a piggy carolina rigged in colds pass. Another 3 years or so and I think Mandy will be chunkin tops with her dad on the flats! It was an awesome trip with the girls! Here are a few pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Awesome.... Good to see you getting them started young.. Might want to have them join TLA already hehhehe

Hmmmm That snoopy rod is in the gulf by now huh... Im sure your getting plans ready to get her a new one...

Thomas

·
Chillin'
4,519 Posts
Great report and pics, Tim. You've definitely got your girls on the right path for fishing bliss. Congrats to both of them!

Bob

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
Wow, very nice! Did you have those girls in the STAR tourney? that 25'er might have been a scholarship!

Edit: I just reread and she's 7. Sounds like she'll be a winner!!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
11-17 years old is the trout division with a minimum of 6lbs and yes she is entered but can only weigh in flounder, gaftop, and sheepshead! Should of let her weigh in her flounder since it would have placed in the star kids but not taken over first place tho...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like you had a blast man. Your girls have been catching more fish than I have lately lol.

To bad the snoopy rod went to Davy Jones's locker.:frown: Maybe it will say hi to some of my sunglasses, pliers, cast net, and on and on and on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ok, that's not fair. I've been fishing for 20+ years and they've already caught better fish than me!!!! Congrats on the catches!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.