2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Income Magician
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Galveston Side of San Luis Pass on the flats Friday night. Caught the low tide starting out. stabbed three by midnight. Got the other five around 4am on the incoming tide. All were in ten inches of water or less. Not a bad location--too shallow for the flounder boats to get into. I tried to post the photos but the files are to large. Anyway, if you can visualize 7 of the eight are 18 to 21 inches and number eight is 15 1/2 inches. Not a bad night for two good ole boys looking for an excuse to sip a few brews...

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
Next time one of you guys needs a giggin' partner around Freeport/SLP, let me know. I'm game.

·
Income Magician
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Here are the pics Thanks for the tip Boashna.
>TexasAggie2007< I use a home made gig: a shovel handle(remove spade); a 12inch piece of 3/8in. allthread. Drill a hole and screw it in the handle and grind to length and shprness desired. No mess no Fuss--No hands in the water looking for your flatty in the mud after he tears up the vis. For my light I have a 250,000cl underwater test tube light(13.00 at Acadamy) strapped to the end of my gig and connected to a battery in my backpack. It is brighter than a lantern and totally water proof. Nice thing is you have one hand free to drink your beer or untie your stringer if you found the right spot for stabbin...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts