2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
El jefe
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my2ct worth trolling live bait and /or dead works on small stuff. but find a spot holdind big kings then drift last 100yards to your spot and anchor up current / or wait hours for the big ladys to show back up . i feed them a specail food they love and big ling love when they come to the boat but all must be quite or the bite will be off

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm sure sneaking up on them will increase your chances but my buddy caught a 58# King a few weeks ago. Here's the basic story.

They bought 6 live baits (Gogs) and headed to a local reef to send four friends down for Lobsters. The 4 divers jumped in and as Gill putted away, he pitched the first gog in the water. The divers were not 5 feet under the water and the gog was only about 10 feet from the boat when the fish hit. 20 minutes later the fish was on ice as it was the biggest king he had caught.

The best part was when the divers came back on the boat, they wanted a mixed drink and reached for the ice only to find the ice was gone. Gill told them they moved the ice to the front cooler on the Contender and when the opened the door... they freaked out to find the big King.

So sometimes it won't matter if you sneak up on them or not. Seems this one must have been deaf :)

-Tek

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.