2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Saw Varsity's Horns Off
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been here in a while, but thought I would share a pic of my buck from Halloween night:

Any guesses?

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,213 Posts
Very nice 8!

Pretty hard to score a deer by one picture but I say 158 +/-5 inches.

·
Saw Varsity's Horns Off
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the looks of your avatar....you have a great place to hunt congrats
I have been very fortunate to take some very nice deer. The deer in my avatar was killed on another ranch from the one above. In the same general area of the state, but two different ranches both low fence/no protein. Even poor people get lucky sometimes...

·
Saw Varsity's Horns Off
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are good...163 5/8

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,213 Posts
You guys are good...163 5/8
Ha, I actually scored him at 163.5 and knocked off 5.5" for two reasons... one was camera angle and two was you rarely see a 160" 8. Guess I should have stuck with my first guess.

That is one awesome 8... my Dad just underscored an 8 and he passed a it. That evening another guy on the lease shot it and it scored 161".

·
Saw Varsity's Horns Off
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ha, I actually scored him at 163.5 and knocked off 5.5" for two reasons... one was camera angle and two was you rarely see a 160" 8. Guess I should have stuck with my first guess.

That is one awesome 8... my Dad just underscored an 8 and he passed a it. That evening another guy on the lease shot it and it scored 161".
lol, I guess you should stick with your gut...He is for sure the biggest 8 I have ever seen in the field. I've been watching him for 2 years, and he's always been big, but I couldn't believe how much he put on this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts