2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother and her husband live in Jamacia beach. They have seen ZERO arial footage of the west end except along the beaches. Nothing in the area of their house, havent seen Sea Isle... any of the west end. (And no the NOAA overlay doesnt help it stops short of their street) Apparently it is a "NO FLY ZONE" for the media choppers. And Rick Perry first said it was a federal gov't call, and now has changed it to now being a local gov't call. So apparently he has no freaking idea either. (And these are the calls that my mother has made to his office, so its not second hand info.)

Anyhow, rumor is all of the westenders that can are going to be getting together on the north shorline launching their boats (or riding along) and traversing west bay to go and see their property. Just curious if anyone else has heard about this. As of now there are about 50 boats and 100 +/- folks.

·
Mid-Life Crisis in the Works
1,306 Posts
Do not suggest boating around at this point. Many submerged objects.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=180019

I didn't check the whole area but I would continue to search threads here, tons of good info and pics you don't see anywhere else

The predator flew over a lot of areas and you can now see some pics if you do a online search for Ike Predator on the web...think the us airforce may have some

·
Premium Member
15,772 Posts
Yesterday ch13 was doing a flyover service where the owners would direct the camera guy in on their property and get really good pictures. I'll look and see if they are doing it today.
You might waht to rethink the ride along in a boat, viro is going to look like a walk in the park compared to the contaminates that we are facing.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah ther are also Coasties (supposidly) out and patrolling west bay just for this kind of thing. And from what I am hearing they (westenders) have no fear of being shot at or by the Coasties as they too will be armed to the teeth (good ol 2nd amendment) oh and there will be media present. They just want to see their property thats all. Its ok to have someone tell you.. "Oh your house is fine...." and another to see for yourself...... Not sayin.... just sayin

LDS said:
Do not suggest boating around at this point. Many submerged objects.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
BigTOM said:
Yeah ther are also Coasties (supposidly) out and patrolling west bay just for this kind of thing. And from what I am hearing they (westenders) have no fear of being shot at or by the Coasties as they too will be armed to the teeth (good ol 2nd amendment) oh and there will be media present. They just want to see their property thats all. Its ok to have someone tell you.. "Oh your house is fine...." and another to see for yourself...... Not sayin.... just sayin
They wouldn't risk their lives by riding out the storm, but now they are will to risk their lives just to see their house?!?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sounds kind of wierd to me as well... but if it was me and my property.... cant say that I wouldnt at least try something......

And with my way of thinking hey you can fight back against the gov't but not so much the storm.

·
Registered
932 Posts
believe me i would love to see the inside of our yacht. and the outside for our own self. but if they say its unsafe, The boat can wait. i hear debris is very hazardous right now , especially riding in a boat over it and in it. just my 02 cents

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
boomgoon said:
Yesterday ch13 was doing a flyover service where the owners would direct the camera guy in on their property and get really good pictures. I'll look and see if they are doing it today.
You might waht to rethink the ride along in a boat, viro is going to look like a walk in the park compared to the contaminates that we are facing.
i saw this and they flew all the way down bob smith. most of the houses on the bay side looked amazingly good.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Better yet call me, I'm not entirely sure of the internets capability here, I'm working out of a vehicle with limited capabilities
713-373-1083

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cant get into Jamacia Beach without a Jamacia Beach address on your license.

mfloyd said:
I'm on the island, if you can send me your address, I will check it when I get a chance.

·
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.
13,305 Posts
BertS said:
They wouldn't risk their lives by riding out the storm, but now they are will to risk their lives just to see their house?!?
What he said. That's just what we need is a bunch of Cowboys shooting at the Coast Guard / Proper Authorities. I remember when Katrina hit all of the comments made about those idiots. To suggest we'd have something like that happen in Texas is embarrasing at best.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
If you have the Galveston sticker on your vehicle, the Jamaica Beach sticker and a water bill with your name and address they will let you in.......when they start letting people back into Galveston.
I have friends that stayed in JB and are still there. I also know two groups that went in by boat yesterday.
They are even sending pics of my house.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts