2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually go out from San Louis Pass, so I am used to tricky shoals, but I could use some advice on getting out of Sargeant, where I plan to set off from tomorrow. I will try to attach a picture to aid in the descriptions.

I need to know what the conditions are like now, and how important the tides are in deciding when to go out. I will be in a center console with a 2.5 ft engine draft (twins).

Does anyone have any pointers or recent recon?

·
buds and blues
211 Posts
i think you need to stay right next to the southern shoreline.

It is very tricky, i am 4 for 5 on not hitting the bottom in my offshore boat with about 2.5-3 foot depth.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Cut

Yes hang right. You can see where the brown water on your pic hangs right. I've been through there a lot. You shouldn't have a problem if you just watch the waves and where they are cresting...they will tell you where to go.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You want to stay to the west of the cut and then south before you take your bearing to your desitnation. As mentioned - watch the breakers and follow another boat out your first couple times to mark your GPS for save nav points.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks RR,
That is exactly the help I was looking for. I printed your picture and put it in my wallet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts