2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a wading rod. I have narrowed it down to the $150-$180 price range and my choices thus far are the Kistler Magnesium and the Laguna Inshore Series.

Please post your thoughts on these rods. I am sure this rod will be used for throwing tops and soft platics, with the occasional live bait.

Thx,
MW

·
Registered
140 Posts
I bought two Laguna In-Shores this past weekend at the Hunting and Fishing Expo in McAllen. Very impressed with the way these rods feel. This is a very well put together rod with quality components. Haven't fished it yet, but will this weekend. I know I won't be disappointed. I bought two casting in a 6'6" and a 6'9" medium-light action.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Buy the Laguna's, they are lighter and more sensitive than the Kistlers. We fish Laguna's in all our tournaments and the customer service is second to none.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
The Kistler Magnesium is a superior rod at a reasonable price. If you need any more info PM me.

People like to throw out all kind of claims but claims aren't facts........... :wink:

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
Have you considered BillyStix Custom rods? He has a great rod for wading and throwing soft plastics in the 6'9" length...and he has longer as well if you prefer.

GREAT rods and best price going if I remember correctly. I know a LOT of 2coolers (including me) swear by them.

He's a member here and a supporter. If you haven't looked into them you should at least check him out and give him a shot at your business!

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info via PM guys. It helps out alot. I guess since Getemgot is tired of these threads we shoudl shut this one down. Please send pm's if you have more info.

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
Facts

Kenny,

FACT - Laguna Inshore series have 100% solid titanium guideswith nano-light inserts

FACT Kistler Mag has Durable stainless steel frames with deep-pressed,hardened, non-grooving, ceramic rings

Fact LAGUNA INSHORE SERIES $150.

Fact Kistler mag $180 for inferior components.

and that is taken straight from the website.

Please do look at all the facts.

Jode-

·
4,848 Posts
Insert

They are ceramic inserts that are lighter than the standard inserts.

J

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Jode,
You must be tired because I don't think you really wanted to make this personal.

·
4,848 Posts
Nothing personal...

Kenny,

Nothing personal just going by facts.

J-

feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Laguna inshore rods

May I suggest that you take a look at both rods and see which one feels better to you. I do not own any of the inshore lagunas but I got a chance to see them when they first came out and was very impressed. They were every bit as light and sensitive as the custom rods they built without the price tag. I do own 4 of the custom lagunas and could not see myself fishing with any other kind of rod. Another thing to consider is the service you get from Jody and the boys.

·
there's only 1 Big Pocket
684 Posts
mikew92,

I prefer, and use, only Laguna rods. I have the tx waders, the devil eye, and the inshore series, (several of each)

the inshore series rods are excellent, and for the money, they are beyond excellent.

If you are ever in the Rockport area, you are invited to jump on the boat and go for a little fishing trip to try the Laguna Inshore series out personally.

Not only are the rods great, but the customer service is spectacular. Jode and the rest of the gang at Laguna are real stand up folks and do anything to make sure the customer is happy. Old-school business in a modern day world.

Don't forget, if in the rockport area, let me know and you can try them out.

Capt. Forrest

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Get the Laguna, Ive been fishing with the new Laguna Inshore series for a few months now.. They absolutely ROCK

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Does Waterloo make a rod in that price range? I got a chance to fish with some of the upper end Waterloo's this past weekend and have to say...Wow!

Very impressed with their sensitivity and the weight was almost nil.

Capt. Forrest I fish Aransas Pass/Rockport and would love to take you up on your taste tester challange so see what Laguna's are all about. Maybe we could even talk ole Tightknot into going.

James

·
there's only 1 Big Pocket
684 Posts
hey James,

not a problem bro, you are always welcome on the boat. Don't ask Tightknot how he started throwing Laguna's either, or you will just have to call Jode when you get off my boat. lol

let me know when you'll be down and you are more than welcome to try any Laguna I've got.

Capt. Forrest

1 - 20 of 42 Posts