2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope to get the new grady this weekend. 2004 27ft CC w/225 yamaha's on it. traded in the kevlacat, tired of the problems. should be able to post pics when we get it. cant wait.

kim

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
What were the afore mentioned problems with the kevla cat?........................later,Dave

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Congratulations on the 27' Grady

Having sold our 24' Kevlacat in the Spring, this Saturday was the maiden offshore voyage for our 2004 27' Grady. We went with the walkaround version (270 Islander) and after having a "few" issues with the four stroke Yamahas on our prior boat, we opted for mounting twin 225 Honda's. Combined trollling and running (at up to 4000 rpm which propelled us 31 knots on the trip back to the jetties in flat seas) we consumed just under 53 gallons throughout a total trip of 143 GPS nautical miles. This equates to 2.7 nm/gal which is better than our twin 115hp four stroke catamaran achieved with about half the total horsepower.

To summarize, we are delighted with our 27' Grady and are sure you and Lee will be also. Are you dealing with Marine Max? We have been very happy with the Marine Max team off of Airtex.

Best of luck,
Chuck & Steph

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Congratulations On The New Grady.....

...now that you got me dreamin', here are two Grady's I could put to good use...I'd have the new four stroke Merc 275hp Verado's (SP?) CF? :fish:

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
kevlacat????

its kinda hard to explain the problems with the 2400. the guys in florida that rigged it didnt do a good job at all. lately it seems the boat is heavier than normal. we had 2 cracks in the "kevlar" hull. you cant get a better deck layout than that boat, loved it. and the company has changed hands and the 10 year warrenty on the hulls is pretty much gone on 2001 and older boats. the 24ft boat is actually 21ft . we didnt do our research well enough, thats our fault. we laughed and we cried with the kevlacat, now we're getting the grady and hope our luck changes.

we are buying from marine max in clear lake, seem like nice people.

we named it "Rig Donkey". what do you guys think about that??

lee and kim

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
I have always liked the look of GW boats but when the trend of all boats was to go to that "Euro Transom", I don't know what boat designers were thinking. The 232 Gulfstream bucked the trend. This boat has the same amount of cockpit space as the 25's.

·
Registered
676 Posts
deck space

you are right, the deck space on the grady CC isnt very usable, its something we'll have to adjust to. we are used to carring our 200qt ssi on the deck and being able to walk around it. not so on the grady. maybe fishbags are the answer? the gradys fishboxes are almost laughable to anybody fishing offshore for big fish. we'll adjust.

lee and kim

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
lee and kim
if you start to miss the cat maybe we can do a tuna trip when i get mine back. sorry to hear you have had issues with the kevlacat. hopefully we can get our issues which have been motor related and not hull related resolved and get back to fishing....rick

·
Registered
676 Posts
rick

it hasnt been all bad. just trying to get it behind us, and we have always loved the gradywhite boat line. i've might have missed it but your motor problems seem to be related to them sitting low in the water. your suzukis did the same thing. our suzukis got dunked(all the way under) serveral times due to the nature of the boat. how do they plan on resolving that issue without having the props cavitate? i thought about raising our motors, but an inch or two wouldnt solve that problem i thought so we were just careful.

hopefully we wont need a cat fix after this purchase, but we can buddy up and run deep. we should be able to keep up with you now. i think i'm gonna like all those ponys on the transom. every boat i've every owned was under powered( except the carolina skiff, sold it, dang) so this ought to be different.

hope to get it this weekend. cant wait.

lee and kim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts