2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Farmboy
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many have been, and how did you like it?
I went through work and was a bit disappointed when I found out that the big name speakers were a cover for the stock market investment packet, etc they were selling. The whole thing seemed kind of slimy.
How do they compensate those speakers, they must sell a ton of those packets?

·
Equine connoisseur
2,264 Posts
I was supposed to go to one at the ATT Center in SA tomorrow through my office. As it turns out I can't go and didn't really want to anyway except I would like to have heard Colin Powell.

·
Proud Infidel
1,220 Posts
Get Motivated

Went to one either 2003 or 2004. It was fun w/ Zig Ziglar, Rudy Giuliani, and whoever else was speaking. I do remember the ol' green green green- red red red stock market software. Man I'm glad I didn't buy it. I would go if you've never been, but only if you like the speakers. MY .02!

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I was in SA over the holidays and there was a big article in the paper about it. Basically said it was a big ripoff. Advertising cheap tickets and then none available and trying to sell all sorts of investment garbage to you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
went..

I went today, yeah, I was glad when it was finally revealled it was a marketting gig for the 2 financial guys, Phil Town and and Jim Smith.
i can say honestly tho I enjoyed the whole thing and listening to them did get me jumpstarted to some extent. It was actually nice hearing successful people talk about helping others to help yourself.

Lets see Terry Bradshaw was hilarious aand had my area laughing the whole time. Krish Dhanam ( I can't remember how to spell his last name was also good and Tony Parker was interesting. Colin POwell was too, but he was next to last. I did sign up for Phil Town's class simply because I would like to understand more about the stock market and such and it would be nice having someone expalin the tools you can use to decide stocks on the internet. Will let ya'll know how that goes next week. The other guy, I don't know, real estate get rich quick is what he is selling and since I'm in real estate...well......would I go again. You bet, and I might even try to get my kids (23, 21, and 19) to go to one. t's one of those things that brings back to reality what it really takes to make it in this world.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts