2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time to post on this site: here it goes!

Can any one recommend a generator mechanic in the Galveston/Freeport area? I have a Kohler 5kW gasoline generator in need of some TLC. We keep our 32' Proline in the drystack at Surfside (Gulf Coast Marina) and if needed, could trailer to a shop.

Can't wait on the weather much longer. It's hard enough to find many (any) fishing days commuting back and forth from Dallas to Surfside. Still smiling about the +200 lb Tarpon we landed a few weeks ago a few miles out from the Surfside jetties.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is there something wrong with the Gen or just maintenance stuff?

I am a marine tech in the Clear Lake area and we do work in Freeport, it's just expensive. I don't know of anyone down there that can really work on them, but if it's just an oil change/fuel filters type deal then there should be someone down there that can handle that.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Land and Sea Services, La Marque. 409-935-9466. Talk to Chris or Larry, they'll travel to the boat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the windings are burned up, so its more than just maintenance. I had the carb, wiring harnesses, other items replaced and when it was started it ran fine until they kicked the AC unit on. Prior mechanic has not followed up with the repair so I'm looking for someone new. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Land N Sea are closer than us...We charge full rate to travel, so it's up to you. Check the capacitor first. May be a quick $50 fix!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am looking for a generator to go in a 1998 33 ft. mako cuddy cabin, needs to be gasoline. Where can I find one. thanks for any help

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good information....thanks for the help. Now let's hope the weather cooperates SOON!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts