2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been interested in starting this for my own curiosity (I think that is spelled right).
The internet has a hole lot of sites to use. Looks like they all charge for them (thats ok) Any of you 2 coolers have any suggestions?
Any help would be appeciated.
Thanks
DD

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
the internet is the best place. there's all kinds of information at your fingertips, and it does usually cost, and it takes some digging, but you'd be surprised what you can find.

·
Registered
111 Posts
we use a program from Family Tree Maker, it also has online access and such. it allows you to keep track of everything.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,025 Posts
many places here on the internet with a ton of info! my sister had a headache because someone got her card info somehow, purchased info from one of the sites (cc companys use mothers maiden name for security) and changed her billing address etc, and bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff overseas and it was a matter of a couple of days! cc company made it all right but still kinda scary!

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I use ancestry.com also. I traced my maternal grandfather's family back to 1525 in Kent, England. It is a ton of fun and seeing all the places my ancestors lived is interesting.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply's guys. I believe I will go ahead and check the ancestry and the Family Tree Maker sites and see how it goes.

Bobbyoshay, thanks for the major heads up.

Barnacle Bill, 1525? Wow

·
Reverend
36 Posts
USAFDAD.....search for ...rootsweb.com.....use the "search rootsweb.com section....then under featured databases....use "world connect"......Lots of info and FREE!

·
Registered
18 Posts
go to Familysearch.org. This is the mormon site and will have a lot of info. Also go to there pilot site. You will see it on the tool bar.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Ive been interested in doing this for some time as well. My Uncle has researched my moms side of the family, and much to my dismay, there is..(gasp).. a lot of French blood there, and not the good Cajun kind either. My dad doesnt know much about his side of the family, but from the name, we assume that it comes from either Ireland, or Scotland. How much money did it cost Yall who have done it trace your roots?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts