2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
........tastes a lot like chicken! LMAO
I've had my share down at the festival in Winnie.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
that one big duck sure looks like a pintail. Maybe just a gadwall that got his neck stretched though.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
Capt. Chris Martin said:
Snagged,

Gator is wonderful to eat.

Thanks
Chris
LOL Chris, how can a real he man, that guides hunts for aligators use the word "wunnerfull" ?!?

I don't even want to hunt one of the girly gators now.....jsut cuz I know they taste wonderful...........lol

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
BertS said:
LOL Chris, how can a real he man, that guides hunts for aligators use the word "wunnerfull" ?!?

I don't even want to hunt one of the girly gators now.....jsut cuz I know they taste wonderful...........lol
Bert, dude, he smokes cigars with a glass of cognac on the deck of his bay house and drives a $50K hummer. He is civilized, dude. You aint.... right. LOL

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
pintail

IF that is a pintail, which it does look like it may be, or a gadwall, WHO CARES! I know you and myself have shot the wrong or one too many ducks in the years we have been hunting. Let's not bring any negative attention to a great sponsor to this site, and a great asset to the fishing community if we are not sure ourselves. I am sure Chris would not post a pic of a pintail on the board.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
InfamousJ said:
Bert, dude, he smokes cigars with a glass of cognac on the deck of his bay house and drives a $50K hummer. He is civilized, dude. You aint.... right. LOL
LOL......cognac? is that some kind of new imtported beer? I think I've heard it tastes similar to Schlitz.......but to drink out of a glass? maybe a frozen mug....but can beer tastes best out of the can........lol......and I thought someone said that Hummer was his wife's?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Good eye James. If it is a pintail, and it appears to be, at least it wasnt stomped in the mud like many of them will unfortunately be done with between now and Dec 11.

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
hey fellas.....for one thing, Chris is a professional guide...on top of that, he's a pretty fart smeller.....er smart feller......so he wouldn't have his clients shoot a duck, illegally....second.......he dang sure ain't gonna post a picture with said duck........maybe should let it drop......?

all of that aside.......he thinks the aligator's meat is wonderful........lol...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ross - It's definitely not a black bellied tree duck. I'm pretty sure it is a pintail judging by the shape of the head and the bill. Its a safe bet to assume any big duck you see right now is either a pintail or a spoonbill. I know most of us have seen enough spoonbills in our hunting careers and can easily identify them.

It is really difficult this early in the season and I know that we all make mistakes. Certainly not the end of the world or the end of a species.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Nah, probably a gadwall.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i can say with 99% confidence that it's not a pintail.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts