2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard something about this awhile back but the source didn't know squat.

Did anyone else hear or know about this Blue Water Gator hanging around a rig 20 miles out or was it an urban fishing legend?

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
I heard.....

TexasDux said:
I heard something about this awhile back but the source didn't know squat.

Did anyone else hear or know about this Blue Water Gator hanging around a rig 20 miles out or was it an urban fishing legend?
that he escaped from the sewers.........travelled north, and for awhile lived in Lake Placid.......then travelled south, to our waters, and is surviving, by hitting hooked up billfish?

·
The Duck of Death
2,247 Posts
Me and a buddy were talking about this subject monday. My Buddy was Tarpon fishing about 15 miles off shore out of Galveston. Said the were just driftin with the line's out ,when a 6'-7' alligator swam up to the boat . Said it hung around for a minute then took off headed south.
I had heard that too much Salwater will cause them to go blind though ? Anyway that was one lost Gator

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
Someone posted a bunch of pics after one of the monsoons last year showing several gators & large cotton mouths on some rigs. supposedly they washed out in the floods. Can't remember who it was but I recall it being abunch of pics. Not sure how far out they where.

Jeff

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
TexasDux said:
Blue Water Gator hanging around a rig 20 miles out
Is the blue water in now? Last time I went out, over 50 miles, no blue water.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pic Medulla, do you have any info to go with it.

J, I haven't been out all yr couldn't tell you.

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Dat gator had to many beast, passed out, and floated out with the tide.LOL

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
That gator needs a hat to stay out of the sun out there. Go hook him up Bert. LOL

OK, picture this. 8 foot Bullshark. 6 foot gator? Who wins. LOL

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
InfamousJ said:
That gator needs a hat to stay out of the sun out there. Go hook him up Bert. LOL
dude, I gots just da one he needs.......promises to bring good luck......

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
My vote is for the 8' Bull. The gator can get ahold and roll but I think the bull would take a big bite out the gator first and that would be all it would take.

·
Registered
243 Posts
There was a story with pictures about a gator ~20 miles offshore on RodnReel about a month back. That may be where the story originated.

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts